40 visits to chiropractor

Options
2»

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I like the treatment I get and all from the chiropractor but the sales pitch is bothering me a bit. What's wrong with twice a month adjustments instead of 3-4 times a week?

Yes I am seeing a real doctor and going through the X-Ray, MRI etc like I have many times before. But that process takes time before you get any relief and they have the idea that pills will help make it better.

I just want to try and recoup on my own with exercise and supplementation if possible. Also go to chiropractor on my own terms without all the contract BS.

The reason for 3x week adjustments would in theory be to get your spine to an optimal position where it can then hold the adjustment. Twice/month would be if you're holding the adjustment for that long. (Not suggesting either - do what you want, and yes, a contract is not the way to go with this type of thing because there is no way the chiro could know for sure that you need 3 or 4 adjustments per week until he/she begins adjusting you...) But that's the theory behind the number of adjustments, as far as I understand it. But you need to do what you feel is right.
  • hoecradle
    hoecradle Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be incorporating acupuncture, chiropractor and physical therapy. I also ordered some stroops bands to start my own at home routine in the AM prior to work. Hopefully I can get some relief.