My progress to date (37 lbs down) with pics

Options
djbrink21
djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
I joined MFP in April of 2011 with the very lose goal of "lose some weight." At the time I was at my peek of 250 lbs and had seen my weight creep up over the last 10 years or so from my 180 lbs that I was in high school. Since then I've incrementally improved myself over the last 3.5 years. I've bounced up and down in weight over most of the 3.5 years, but continued a nice (slow) trend down. Usually dropping about 10 lbs a year (or so).

Cut to 2014. In February my twins (a boy and a girl) were born and in May I turned 30. Well something definitely snapped. I was 240 and on the rise again and I didn't like it. I didn't want my joints to hurt anymore after running and I wanted to be able to keep up with my kids as they get older. Also with 30 around the corner I could feel I wasn't getting any younger.

So I April I decided I wanted to lose 5 lbs by Memorial day. I lost 9. After Memorial day I just decided to keep going. So far I've passed 27lbs since April (the first 10lbs were more or less carry over from the first 3 years on MFP) and am just keep going. My current goal at the moment is to get to 200 and then start shooting for 180 (my high school weight).

My long-term goal, which I'm just keeping in the back of my head, is to complete a full Ironman before I'm 40. There are lots of reasons this may not happen (time commitments for training away from the babies only being one of them), but that goal serves another purpose. I figure if I continue to work towards an Ironman, even if I don't ever run it, I will be in much better shape and that after all is the ultimate goal.

In June I decided to add some running. It has felt great and today I did a 4.5 mile run in an hour flat. It was a great feeling. I've also added in biking and swimming and am planning to hopefully do my first triathlon next year.

So without further ado...here are my current pictures. Note there is no picture from 2013, because that is when the babies were being planned for and all the pictures we have are of my wife's belly instead. :) Working out really took a back seat.

Front shots
b5143f1b-1e2f-44c8-bd17-bc97245ef5b7_zps488ce568.jpg

Side shots
ee68ac2c-a4d6-4e35-b18c-f01719480f09_zpscdc3b1e3.jpg

edited to fix images

Replies

• BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    There ya go,... :) Nice job by the way!!!!!

Where did the rest of you go????
  • mbrough58
    mbrough58 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss and the babies! Thank you for sharing your success with us.
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Great job!

What a difference the weight loss has made. :flowerforyou:
  • 324_B21
    324_B21 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work!! :smile:
  • arserine
    arserine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race.. You look great and I'm sure you feel great!!! I am happy for you.. Keep up the great work:drinker:
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Wow, 37 pounds gone and looking great! Congrats!
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think that it looks fantastic! You can really see the transition on the side shots. Amazing.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • katellevee
    katellevee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great work! You look fantastic :-)
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress so far!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!