Do you miss anything about being bigger?

Options
So as I was just walking past the mirror I had a look at myself and realised I seemed to have lost a little more weight from around my face. I started off pretty big, a UK 22-24 but now 38lb lighter I'm at around a UK 18. Don't get me wrong, I'm really pleased with how every things going, but I can't deny there's a few things I miss about being bigger. For example

-Being able to eat whatever I wanted because I was already big so it didn't really matter

-Comfortably knowing what clothes size I was in every shop because I'd stayed the same size for over a year. Now I'm anywhere from a size 16 to a size 22!

Does anybody else have anything they miss about being bigger? Even if it's something silly?

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I loved my shapelier legs
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    no. hell no.
  • boxfitliftmo
    Options
    my strength
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Not even my boobs
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't TRULY miss anything, and would not change back to my former size 22 self for a million bucks. But some things I "miss" are...

knowing if I bought an expensive article of clothing it would still fit me in 1 or 5 years. My size was 20-22, 2X, for over twenty years and I am "only" 37 now...so it was very comfortable for me and I had a lot of high quality items for over a decade that I grew very attached to. It's odd now, never knowing if an item will fit me during the next season or have to be replaced.

being given a lot of space by others. I don't mind being touched by my close friends and family, but people seem to touch me DRASTICALLY more now that I am average sized. Even strangers, clerks in stores, my boss (she's a middle aged woman and not a harasser or anything), and so on. In crowds I feel like my excess fat kept people at bay an people would move to make room for me coming down an aisle. Now that I am "normal" no one really does that, people will park themselves right next to me on a bench or whatever, come reallllllly close to me, touch my earring or hair or bag to compliment it...it's a little strange! I also used to half-consciously *USE* my size to mark territory if I was standing in a queue or something, but that is no longer possible, even though I think I am still a larger woman at 5'8" and 175 lb, I am starting to get a taste of being treated like a "little woman" (WTF!?) and people jump in front of me or push me aside...it's new to me. I'm having to be more assertive with my actions and words because I can't save four theater seats with my body and huge handbag now.

pity kindness. Especially from women my own age. I am now treated like more of a competitor, sized up, etc. I used to feel like everyone was super sweet to me all of the time and I'm starting to see now that some of it quite possibly came from their perception of me as harmless, asexual, etc.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I do miss my chest. :( And my butt. LOL
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    nothing,i like being lighter
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    hell no. I'm still fat as but the weight I've lost... no you can keep it thanks! -_-
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Boobs, definitely. :brokenheart:
  • Drama_Free_Zone
    Options
    My ability to move ANYTHING that needed moving at work. As I lose more weight I find some things that I was previously able to move I no longer have the mass to budge.
  • phil4v7
    phil4v7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Once I started losing weight, and especially once I started running, I suddenly had a harder time finding a sleeping position at night. I typically like sleeping on my side, but my legs and ankles feel bonier now which means I can't find a comfortable position for my legs that doesn't end up hurting after a while.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Not a thing. Not even a little. I even happily accept the wrinkles I have on my face now that the fat is reduced.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else have anything they miss about being bigger? Even if it's something silly?

No.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Not. One. Thing.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    yes: my boobs have ran away and got replaced with a rocking body. cant have everything.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Nothing. My boobs have gotten smaller but they were ugly and saggy anyways when I was bigger so I don't really miss them.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Once I started losing weight, and especially once I started running, I suddenly had a harder time finding a sleeping position at night. I typically like sleeping on my side, but my legs and ankles feel bonier now which means I can't find a comfortable position for my legs that doesn't end up hurting after a while.

This is a good one. In some positions my knees bump against each other - well the outer side bone or whatever you call it - anyway it's not comfortable to sleep in certain positions.

I also can't sit comfortably for as long. On road trips and ESPECIALLY movie theater seats or in a booth at a restaurant, my butt starts to hurt and I swear it's gotta be from having less fat on my still-large rear end! I used to be so comfortable and friends would say their butt, legs, or tailbone hurt and I didn't understand why or how that happened.

ETA: I just keep thinking of more. I miss thrift shopping and not having to try things on because I knew anything in my size or larger would work, I didn't really grasp the idea of something ever being "too big" because I loved baggy 26/28 sweaters even when I was technically more of an 18/20...I would wear "too big" clothes more often than not. Now I have finally started to realize after getting below a size 16, that any shirt even 2 sizes too big, like for example right now if I wore a 1X instead of a L shirt it would actually make me look bigger, not smaller. Very unflattering.
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The glorious layer of fat that deemed body pillows unnecessary. And my bewbs. I had great bewbs :'(
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Nope.

NOTHING.
  • _Candi_
    _Candi_ Posts: 47
    Options
    Agree^^^

Nothing