Circuit Machines?

Options
So my gym bought out a small local gym so now there are a lot of new members at my location. The only time I have to workout is in the morning before work. It used to be dead but now there are quite a few people there and they all take up the free weights / cables.

I was thinking of switching to a full body circuit workout on the weight machines. Ex: leg curl, leg press, preacher curl machine, vertical press machine, etc. Ive seen people do circuits as in they do the 9 machines in a row, take a 30 second break and do another circuit. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with this type of workout?

My goal is fat loss. Im 5'4", 141lbs, started at 168 and goal weight is 125. Body fat is at 25%. Im eating about 1400-1500 cals a day.

Replies

• hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    So my gym bought out a small local gym so now there are a lot of new members at my location. The only time I have to workout is in the morning before work. It used to be dead but now there are quite a few people there and they all take up the free weights / cables.

I was thinking of switching to a full body circuit workout on the weight machines. Ex: leg curl, leg press, preacher curl machine, vertical press machine, etc. Ive seen people do circuits as in they do the 9 machines in a row, take a 30 second break and do another circuit. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with this type of workout?

My goal is fat loss. Im 5'4", 141lbs, started at 168 and goal weight is 125. Body fat is at 25%. Im eating about 1400-1500 cals a day.

I have a similar problem and use machines but i would never do a full body workout
  • hilts1969
    Options

Bad idea in my opinion, 30 secs is not a long enough break for a starters plus most of the exercises will give minimal results due to fatigue, i use mainly machines as the free weights and cables get clogged up, i try to keep it structured though
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Suboptimal
  • hilts1969
    Options
    Suboptimal

Remind me not to book you for an after dinner speech
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    some ideas:

- go at a different time when it's less busy
    - ask to work in
  • hilts1969
    Options
    some ideas:

- go at a different time when it's busy
    - ask to work in

the op has already stated that is the only time they can go, do keep up old bean, also why would they go when it is busy? mistype

D- must pay more attention
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    some ideas:

- ask to work in

the op has already stated that is the only time they can go, do keep up old bean, also why would they go when it is busy? mistype

but if i did what pray tell would you have to do with your time. besides that i'm doing a public service, my post allows you to be a jerkface which undoubtedly saves the lives of all the puppies and kittens you'd be kicking otherwise
  • hilts1969
    Options
    some ideas:

- ask to work in

but if i did what pray tell would you have to do with your time. besides that i'm doing a public service, my post allows you to be a jerkface which undoubtedly saves the lives of all the puppies and kittens you'd be kicking otherwise

I was kicking a puppy as i was posting and am currently strangling a kitten as a type this reply, i like to multi task my touchy friend
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Suboptimal

Remind me not to book you for an after dinner speech

noted