Chewing gum. A dieters best friend.

Options
Never underestimate the power of suger free gum to help you beat cravings and manage weight. I always have lots of different flavours around and chuck a piece in straight after meals before I can reach for some chocolate. I reckon it's my number one tool and it cleans your teeth too.

Replies

• Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's all over my profile - I preach chewing gum haha!!!

Glad to know someone else does too :D
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I definately use it to fight cravings too! I have noticed a few things that work for me:
    Chewing gum
    Brushing my teeth
    Fresh brewed green tea
    Eating Ice

All basically calorie free ^-^
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I chew gum almost anytime I am not eating now.

It is also great for when you are running/cardio.
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    Bought some chewing gum at the airport the other night and payed almost $2.00 for it!! I need gum to be less expensive, I am addicted to it. I like to chew it during my workouts and after meals.
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    EXTRA DESSERT DELIGHTS!!! nuff' said!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Careful with sugar free gum...there are lots of chemicals and artificial sweeteners in it! Chew in moderation!
  • hannah_lin
    Options
    EXTRA DESSERT DELIGHTS!!! nuff' said!
    YES!!! These are sooooo good!
    I also like trident tropical because it's good for blowing bubbles. :)
  • healtymama
    Options
    I would like to know if there is another suggestion because I suffer from IBS and chewing sugar free gum is a no-no. The sugar alcohols cause bloating. Thank you in advance for your help.
  • healtymama
    Options
    I would like to know if there is another suggestion because I suffer from IBS and chewing sugar free gum is a no-no. The sugar alcohols cause bloating. Thank you in advance for your help.
  • FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose
    Options
    I LOVE the dessert delights gum. The Mint Chocolate Chip is the best :)
  • tillytil
    Options
    Wow that sounds like a really good combo....definitely have to try it!
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I caution when it comes to chewing gum.

For two reasons...

Number 1 - Hidden Calories, sure its chewing gum, and your not actually swallowing or ingesting it (at least I hope not). Chewing gum can have 7 or 8 calories to it, sugar free does not mean calorie free either. So, when you are chewing several pieces a day make sure you count each and every piece for some out there it can make a difference. Especially if you are in a slump or are having difficulties. In the end, Just makes sure you COUNT your gum :)

Number 2 - All gum, especially the sugar free kind has Aspartame. There are a lot of studies out there for and against aspartame, I for one cannot have it. I get terrible migraines from it. If you chew sugar free gum on a regular basis I would caution the frequency. It's an individual choice.

There is a gum out there, can't remember the name, that is made with no aspartame, or nasty derivitive of it. the name o fit eludes me. It can be found in a Natural Foods store. Because of the hassle to find it, I chose to just not chew gum :/

Anyways,
    I'm just sharing my two cents

Cheers
    WR
  • nikhil_c8
    nikhil_c8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Chewing Gum Makes me Hungry...so i avoid it
  • mcohan
    mcohan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    chewing gum makes me bloated....unfortunately i still chew gum ALL THE TIME!! any suggestions for an alternative?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

Possibly a cinnamon stick. Cinnamon is said to maintain blood sugar levels as well, so you get 2x the benefits. I personally am not a gum chewer, as I deal with the phone, public, and professional locations where I can't appear chewing gum. When I do need something to distract me I eat cucumbers, they are crunchy and refreshing.