Going out for lunch

Options
I'm going out for lunch today with one of my friends and I don't know what to eat! There is nothing healthy on the menu, just panini's loaded with cheese and oil or chips and deep fried things. I don't know whether to have something nice to eat for lunch and skip dinner later tonight. arghhh!

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Where are you going?
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    A small pub which isn't a chain. They do their own food, no calorie counts on anything or online. I suppose we can all have a day off once in a while? I haven't had a day off for 3 months! That's what is making me nervous!
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When I go out for pub lunches, I just enjoy myself - have a pie or a Sunday Roast or whatever (whatever looks good) and then have a salad or something similarly low cal in the evening. You might as well have the nice food on the menu - and have a pint too! :drinker:
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think that's what I am going to do, have something nice and a couple of pints, salad or soup for dinner this evening and get back on it tomorrow!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    One day doesn't matter. Have fun and maybe just eat a lower calorie dinner than usual.

Do you use exercise calories? I build in one restaurant meal with friends per week that I don't worry about and usually cover it with long weekend workouts, but you could also save some workout calories from the rest of the week.
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes, the cheese is bad, but 4 pints of lager at over 1000 cals is great :huh:
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Indeed, one day doesn't matter and I'd go lighter on the other meals as well as throw in an extra session of exercise. Just enjoy yourself!
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of those locally owned pubs serve salads as well. I'm sure that it isn't the most exciting, but if you are worried about calories, then you can go for one of those.

Or eat what you want and get a sandwich and go light on dinner later.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Yes, the cheese is bad, but 4 pints of lager at over 1000 cals is great :huh:

Hu :noway:
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Eyeball portions, find similar foods on MFP - partially track to have a ruff estimate and off you go!
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was at a pub yesterday and they had a soup of the day xD maybe you could ask? but really one day of eating something awesome won't hurt
  • carnavore
    Options
    I eat out just about everyday, but I try to find the restaurant/eatery's menu beforehand to look at the calories and sodium. It's all about what you eat, and making the right choices. Oh and we can't forget portion control.