Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Reintroducing myself

Hi, everyone. I'm reintroducing myself because it has been a while. I originally started on MyFitnessPal three years ago with a goal of losing weight and getting healthy so my husband and I could have a baby (I have an ovarian disease). Well, we had our baby! I got down about 7 pounds and toned my abs before we found out I was pregnant. She is now one, and though I have lost all the weight from the pregnancy, I'm not happy with the way I look or feel right now.

We are currently living in Tampa, Florida where my husband is stationed at MacDill Air Force Base.

I'm looking to lose about 17 lbs. I fluctuate in weight, but right now my normal weight is 142. So I would like to get down to 125. I'm hoping to be down to 132 in a month because we are going to our first Air Force Ball since my husband has been in the Air Force.

I'm looking for some support and encouragement to keep going. I have a tendency to start out really well and that lasts for a week maybe two before I stop being consistent and then I have to start all over again. I can give support also! My husband is helping me with this endeavor because I've been so unhappy with my health lately.

Replies

• wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Congrats on the beautiful baby. And for losing the weight you already have!! :smile:
  • Katie,
    First of all congratulations on your bundle of joy. Second, don't give up, don't get discouraged. I was the same way, being in the military I was extremely fit, got promoted, got a cushy desk job and let go. Then to top it off, I had an injury that sidelined me, well I recovered but every time I tried to get back on the wagon, I'd fall off after a week or two and I was quite unhappy myself. Then just on July 11th I decided to make a change and the first two weeks I didn't notice a major change. I take a picture every week but now almost a month later, I've noticed a different. Don't give up, get some MFP friends, be accountable, and above all be honest with yourself. Good luck.