Feeling super tired...heeelp

Options
Hiii,

I am really struggling to get up in the morning just now. Any tips for waking yourself up? I usually drink a bottle of water to get myself upright, but I am so tired just now - trying to write up my thesis, so am struggling to sleep and bleerrghhh!

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Coffee?
  • inneedofanap
    inneedofanap Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I often struggle with this. One night last week my shoulder was really hurting so I laid down on the couch with the heating pad. My husband was already in bed snoring so I decided to just sleep on the couch. I woke up in the morning with no problem, got right up and got ready for work. Try sleeping somewhere different for a night. You may be getting less sleep in your bed then you think.
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sleep study?

Thyroid??
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hows your diet? When I eat too few calories or just crap food I feel like it. Dragging myself out of bed, drink lots of water and make sure youre getting your vitamins. Try using caffiene. If nothing changes I would sugget seeing a doctor
  • Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Rather than trying to figure out how to wake up, maybe you need to figure out what is causing you to not get a rested sleep, especially if this is an ongoing issue for you. Long hours working on the thesis could be but one culprit.

Are you getting adequate nutrition and exercise? Are you limiting caffeine intake prior to going to bed? Do you have a set time and bed routine? Is there some medical cause?

More and more studies are coming out stressing the importance of a good night's sleep, including its impact on weight loss.

Good luck to you!
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I like idea of trying to sleep somewhere else, will try that tonight, thanks!

Cut coke last week, no improvement. Hate coffee!!

Could be diet...I usually go over my calories, but I am no health angel so maybe too much junk food?

No health problems, just been a rubbish two weeks and want to break the pattern! Thanks all :)
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have to put my phone away 45 minutes before bed as the type of light electronics messes with your brain in a strange way.

Honestly, about three weeks into being on a regular work out schedule, and logging, and just doing better in general, has me sleeping regularly and through the night for the first time in years. That means I fall asleep easier, and therefore waking up is easier.

I am still by no means a morning person, and likely never will be, but the alarm isn't such a dreaded thing anymore.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Could be diet...I usually go over my calories, but I am no health angel so maybe too much junk food?

No health problems, just been a rubbish two weeks and want to break the pattern! Thanks all :)

There are so many possible factors. With this being relatively new for you, start by considering what has changed in the last three weeks or so which could be contributing to this. I would consider those changes primary suspects. Looks like your dieting is new. What is your daily goal? You may need to consider raising that. Too often people chose the most aggressive weight loss goal because they want it off now. You may find that having and extra 100-200 calories each day is enough to boost your body. Congrats on getting to your thesis. The Masters program is challenging!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

regarding tiredness/lethargy I have seen a very real improvement since I cut down (massively) on bread...and I didn't cut down thinking it would help but I really do have less of a slump in the day. (I cut down due to uncomfortable bloating)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Coke has caffeine, but it looks like you cut it to improve the situation yet it has had no impact. Hmm