my boyfriend's ex = my motivation

Lil_Leah
Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
ok, this may seem super rude, mean, evil, etc. but, i dont even care. :smile:

i cant help but laugh when i see pictures of my boyfriend's ex. she is getting quite large, and i find it absolutely hilarious because she talks soooo much crap about me, and it keeps me going to look better for him. i showed him a picture of her recently (thanks, facebook!) and he was appalled.

anyway, makes me feel like "haha, thats what you get for being a mean person". :drinker:

Replies

• rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Karma....but then again, since you are being mean too....hmm, watch out down the road. Karma
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Eeeekkk!! I LOVE this :happy:

my BF's EX is definately one of my motivaters as well!!!
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Karma....but then again, since you are being mean too....hmm, watch out down the road. Karma

Agreed...
  • Lil_Leah

i dont think i'm being mean. i stated she's getting quite large. its simply a fact. a statement. she is gaining weight. :smile:

now, if i were to say "holy crow, this b&%&# is turning into a nasty heffer!" that'd be different. i just think, she's being mean to me behind my back, so, i agree with the karma thing. it definitely weighs "heavy".

hahahah. :laugh: ok, that was a little mean. i just dont tolerate people being nasty to me. :flowerforyou:
  • I don't think your mean I think your right on the money thats what she gets for talking mess...Get it Girl !!!!!
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    :laugh: I don't care if people say you're being mean - isn't this what we ALL think inside anyway?? What a classic comment, had me giggling away to myself for quite a while! It's a great motivator!

Luckily my boyfriend's ex is not in our lives at all....my motivation is his hairdresser! haha...a stick thin girl with fake boobies (like, his dream girl!) To be fair, she is not a madam at all (in fact, a sweetheart!) - but everytime I see him 'gorming' over her, I want to work that little bit harder in the gym! :happy:
  • I always compared myself to my BF's ex-girlfriends but they are exes for a reason. I realized that was a way to project my inner insecurities with my looks.

Motivation is always important, but would you be still feeling this way even if she was skinner then you?

Just my two-cents, not knocking on anyone's thoughts or feelings.

I used to use my BF as motivation, but now my health and my life is my motivation.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member

i dont think i'm being mean. i stated she's getting quite large. its simply a fact. a statement. she is gaining weight. :smile:

now, if i were to say "holy crow, this b&%&# is turning into a nasty heffer!" that'd be different. i just think, she's being mean to me behind my back, so, i agree with the karma thing. it definitely weighs "heavy".

hahahah. :laugh: ok, that was a little mean. i just dont tolerate people being nasty to me. :flowerforyou:

It's not like you are sending her cookies and candy in the mail..... or are you :devil:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    :laugh: I don't care if people say you're being mean - isn't this what we ALL think inside anyway?? What a classic comment, had me giggling away to myself for quite a while! It's a great motivator!

Luckily my boyfriend's ex is not in our lives at all....my motivation is his hairdresser! haha...a stick thin girl with fake boobies (like, his dream girl!) To be fair, she is not a madam at all (in fact, a sweetheart!) - but everytime I see him 'gorming' over her, I want to work that little bit harder in the gym! :happy:

Your boyfriend goes to a hairdresser? LOL My wife would not get jealous of my barber at all.... no matter how much I like 65 year old Italian men.
  • Lil_Leah
    I always compared myself to my BF's ex-girlfriends but they are exes for a reason. I realized that was a way to project my inner insecurities with my looks.

Motivation is always important, but would you be still feeling this way even if she was skinner then you?

Just my two-cents, not knocking on anyone's thoughts or feelings.

I used to use my BF as motivation, but now my health and my life is my motivation.

if she were skinnier than me, i'd be motivated by her too. :smile: i know she's an ex for a reason. and we're happy together. shes not a part of our lives or anything. i just think its funny that this is happening to someone that's being unneccesarily mean to me. and it makes me feel "empowered" if you will. :bigsmile:
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member

Well..
    I think, it's more about the intention you say it with than what you actually say..
    Though, karma doesn't always work. Bad things happen to good people, good things happen to bad people. And who can say that they are really so good? There is always someone who has cause to call you an a-hole..
    And what's up with being justified just for thinking that she has been mean to you behind your back? I seem to recall a wise man once saying something along the lines, "what's so excellent about you if you only do good to those who do good to you? Isn't, doing good to those who do evil to you, a sign of moral excellence?".

Well.. Enough philosophy for now. Just sayin'.. And I'm not trying to be nasty to you! This just made me think.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Lil_Leah
    Well..
    I think, it's more about the intention you say it with than what you actually say..
    Though, karma doesn't always work. Bad things happen to good people, good things happen to bad people. And who can say that they are really so good? There is always someone who has cause to call you an a-hole..

Well.. Enough philosophy for now. Just sayin'..

i'm SO not an a-hole. :grumble:
  • ehhh i dont think you're being mean at all. its just human nature to feel a small amount of joy when someone we dont like is worse off than we are.

my college enemy (she was my direct compitition for anything i wanted to do in my department and she usually won because she was a suck up) was always bragging about how she was "sporty" and her BF would do the same.....a part of it was because she didnt like me and was trying to make me feel fatter.......but now she's almost as fat as i am and her BF is on his way. its just human nature for me to grin a little when i see a picture of them now. just like its human nature for you to grin when you see your BF's ex getting fatter.
  • Yeah, all of us think like this - well women anyway! You can try and be as publicly nice as you want, but on the inside, we're hating. lol

The same thing is happening to my boyfriend's exes, as well as my own ex-boyfriend's current girl. You know, the one he cheated on me with and left me for - yeah. :) That ex-boyfriend is responsible for my heaviest weight in my lifetime and teaching me the worst possible eating and fitness (lack thereof) habits. Getting as far away from that lifestyle both mentally and physically has been a GREAT motivational tool.

Plus, there is nothing wrong with wanting to look as sexy as possible for your guy!
  • well women anyway!

oh men do it too. dont let anyone tell you they dont.
  • Lil_Leah
    ehhh i dont think you're being mean at all. its just human nature to feel a small amount of joy when someone we dont like is worse off than we are.

i thank you. :wink:
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    ehhh i dont think you're being mean at all. its just human nature to feel a small amount of joy when someone we dont like is worse off than we are.

lol
    I think that's true too. I do think, she is being mean though! :laugh:
    well women anyway!
    oh men do it too. dont let anyone tell you they dont.
    [/quote]

Yeah. Men are like that too. Yet, my experience seems to be that women tend to be louder about it! :laugh:
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    HOney thats not mean at all...thats mad motivation...she was talking a bout you and shes blowin up...now your fit and fabulous....you should always choose your words wisely and watch who you talk about. Karma...and u look great girl keep it up and keep them wanting more lol
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    I do wonder, have you shown your BF a pic of how you looked before?
  • Lil_Leah
    I do wonder, have you shown your BF a pic of how you looked before?

yes! i've actually known (and had a crush on) him for 10 years. :love: so i'm pretty happy. we were always best friends. and the best relationships blossom from friendships! :flowerforyou:

i mean, i couldve been super rude and said something like "maybe she should quit running her mouth, and run on a treadmill instead". :indifferent: but i kept that thought inside. until now. tehe.
This discussion has been closed.