is Insanity any good??

Options
I'm thinking of starting Insanity.....if you've done it, what do you think of it?

Replies

• 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know too...
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's a very good program and very intense. It's 90% cardio. No equipment required. It's the hardest workout I've ever done.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/116003-insane-chicks?hl=insane+chicks&page=8#posts-1862181
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    it's an awesome workout like edorice said and if you do any kind of outdoor activities after doing Insanity you will see your endurance is SO much better. I was only doing the program for two weeks and was able to run an extra mile outside afterwards!
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    how fit do u have to be before starting ...........if your very overweight is it madness to even try it?
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My son is doing it--he likes it, it is hard. In two weeks, he has doubled what he could do on the starting fitness test.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    how fit do u have to be before starting ...........if your very overweight is it madness to even try it?

30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels is a good precursor to insanity. If you can do level three of 30DS for a few weeks then you can handle the first month of Insanity.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I found Turbo Fire and Turbo Jam to be more fun than Insanity but it really depends on what you like to do for exercise. I personally get more out of more frequent but shorter bouts of high intensity interval training (1 minute) and equal amounts of rest (1 minute) than long periods of intense cardio (3 minutes) and short (30 second) periods of rest.

Sharon