Slowing letting calories creep in.

Options
reneb28
reneb28 Posts: 13 Member
When I first began trying to eat better and lose weight I didn't have a food scale and was really unaware of calories, good foods vs bad foods. I mean I knew cake = bad, vegetables = good, but beyond that I didn't really know. So I was VERY restrictive with myself, and was losing weight but I decided I didn't want to eat these "diet" foods and wanted to change my eating habits forever. So I started researching and learning how to eat better without "dieting", what to eat, how to portion control, weighing foods and so on. (still learning) So I continued to lose weight and now I am in a "healthy BMI and have reached goal weights and revised, still not where I want to be. So the last few weeks I've hit a plateau, so I decided ok I need to look back at what I'm eating. I have gotten where I'm guessing somethings, my usual coffee, my almond butter, eyeballing my milk ect. I usually try to stay under my calorie goal and not eat all my calories back after workouts to leave a cushion for error (but having been creeping closer to goals) despite that, still the plateau. So this morning my normal 52 calorie coffee weighed in at 117 calories, that's 65 extra calories EVERYDAY! oh boy, do I have some weighing to do! Just thought I'd share, I'm only at my morning coffee. Any advise is welcome :)