First time on the forum, but used app for ages!

Options
mrsf15h
mrsf15h Posts: 43 Member
Ok ok ok. I may have used the app for ages, but these have been from fads and me losing interest fairly quickly but this is the first time I've decided to post on the forum.
I've done shake diets, weight watchers, slimming world, Rosemary Connley, Atkins, Scarsdale you name it, I've probably done it.
What happened? Well I got bored and after doing quite well with several of them, I slipped into my old ways, and all the weight I lost (and even more!! grrrr) went straight back on.
I'm at my heaviest I've ever been and got a BMI of 38.
Me and the hubby have now made the decision that we want to start a family. Now there is no chance of me getting pregnant or even being able to cope with being pregnant or having a new born if I stay at my size. I don't want to be a fat mum. I don't want to be on the 'at risk' list at the hospital and have to think about that when I could be relaxed through motherhood.
So it's got to go. And how am I going to do it? Simples. Count calories and exercise.
No meetings, no extra money, just increasing my exercise (swimming, dog walking, dancing - ok, I jig around while the hubby's in the bath) and simply eating better and keeping to my calorie goal.
At the end of the day, it is that simple.
That's my introduction (oh I also like drag racing, motorbikes, cars, tarantulas, dogs, photography, reading, knitting etc).
Feel free to add me as a friend if you need someone to help you get back on track after a bad day/week. I know I could do with it!
Loves and cuggles, Megan :D

Replies

• cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I would love to help keep you motivated....on one condition....never, EVER post pics of a tarantula!!
    We are at different places in our lives; my child just graduated and leaves in 46 days for the US Air Force. I am looking at taking care of me for the very first time! I joined the last week of June & have lost just over 16# with a goal of 70# total.
    Feel free to add me, off you would like.
    Best wishes!
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like the honesty of your post. I find that tracking my food online really helps me to be accountable. I've done WW online and hated paying for it. I've been tracking on MFP for over a month and enjoy it a lot. I will friend and agree with the above no pics of the tarantulas!!!
  • marielowther
    Options
    I too have tried all the diets and put all the weight on and more once I have stopped!
    Here now to stop the yo-yo.
    Good luck on your journey, nothing more motivating than getting healthy to start a family. Xx