Opinions on Lean Cuisines?

Options
13»

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Two miserable tasteless little bites of food. Two and a half if you scrape the sides really good.

Lol, I thought it was only me that spent ages scraping the last bit out of the tray!!
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I would rather go to taco bell for the same price

Ugh, I hate that every time I go to Taco Bell I end up with gastrointestinal pain. Even the freakin' chicken soft tacos do it to me now. :(

:cry:

I thought that was a myth since it's never caused me problems... guess not
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't think they're "bad" but they're really not very much food for the money you spend on them. I would eat them, then be hungry again later and end up snacking, so I don't know that they ever did much to help with dieting. lol
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Ugh, I hate that every time I go to Taco Bell I end up with gastrointestinal pain. Even the freakin' chicken soft tacos do it to me now. :(

It is heartbreaking!!! I just used to deal with it because I didn't know what caused it until I heard other people making jokes about Taco Bell and needing a toilet handy. Then I did some experiments and it was indeed true. :grumble:
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options

It is heartbreaking!!! I just used to deal with it because I didn't know what caused it until I heard other people making jokes about Taco Bell and needing a toilet handy. Then I did some experiments and it was indeed true. :grumble:

Taco Bell does the same to me unfortunately. Even just the plain old regular soft tacos. :( It didn't used to be that way... I don't know if I'm getting old or their food quality is just going down the tubes... LOL
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Atkins ones for a quick lunch...
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    This made me curious. Sodium was 25% of DV and ingredients actually not too bad! Here is the nutritional info and ingredients for one of my favorites:

Szechuan Stir Fry with Shrimp
    Nutritional Information
    Serving Size: 1 (0 ounces)
    Servings Per Package: 0

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 240
    Calories From Fat 20

%Daily Value*
    Total Fat (g) 2.50 4 % Cholesterol (mg) 50 17 %

Saturated Fat (g) 0.50 3 % Sodium (mg) 570 24 %

Trans Fat (g) 0 Potassium (mg) 430 12 %

Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 1.50 Total Carbohydrate (g) 42 14 %

Monounsaturated Fat (g) 0.05 Dietary Fiber (g) 5 20 %

Protein (g) 12 Sugars (g) 13

Diet Exchanges 1 1/2 Lean Meat, 2 Starch, 1 Vegetable

Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Calories: 2,000 2,500
    Total Fat Less Than 65g 80g
    Sat Fat Less Than 20g 25g
    Cholesterol Less Than 300mg 300mg
    Sodium Less Than 2,400mg 2,400mg
    Potassium Less Than 3,500mg 3,500mg
    Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
    Dietary Fiber 25g 30g

Vegetable Servings** 0
    **The USDA Food Guide Pyramid suggest 3-5 one-half cup servings of vegtables a day.
    Weight Watchers® PointsPlus™ *** 6
    ***Not endorsed by Weight Watchers®. PointsPlus™ calculated by Nestlé.

Nutritional information is subject to change. Please see label of product on store shelves for the most current information.
    Ingredients:

Blanched Whole Wheat Vermicelli (Water, Whole Durum Wheat Flour), Shrimp (Water, Salt, Sodium Phosphates), Water, Snap Peas, Baby Corn, Carrots, Red Peppers, Yellow Carrots, Brown Sugar, 2% Or Less Of Sea Salt, Soy Sauce (Water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt), Apple Cider Vinegar, Modified Cornstarch, Chili Garlic Sauce (Salted Chili Peppers (Chili Peppers, Salt), Garlic, Sugar, Rice Vinegar, Water, Modified Cornstarch, Acetic Acid), Soybean Oil, Brown Sugar Syrup, Ginger Puree (Ginger, Water, Citric Acid), Garlic Puree, Dehydrated Soy Sauce (Soybeans, Salt, Wheat), Potassium Chloride, Caramel Color, Spice, Sesame Oil, Yeast Extract, Lactic Acid, Calcium Lactate.

Contains:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I had one for lunch today, it tasted crappy and was a tiny portion. I'm still hungry.
    I could have had a HUGE salad with tuna or chicken breast for the same (if not less) calories and been completely stuffed.
    I would only have one again if I had it with a huge side serving of veggies (microwave steam bags of veggies are life-savers).

Honestly, just boil a bunch of chicken at the start of the week and use it for lunch/lazy dinners with steamfresh veggies and some rice or pasta... Minute rice is great for dinner in a hurry.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

I can walk PAST a Taco Bell and get diarrhea.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Too expensive.
    Not enough food.
    No fresh produce.
    Too much sodium.

Definitely all of this! I cook batches of recipes and put them in Zip Lock screw lid containers. They are lined up in my freezer, easy to use. Much cheaper than Lean Cuisine, considerably more food for the calories, and really tasty.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have a frozen meal maybe 3 times a week for lunch while I'm at work. My current favourite is a butter chicken one that's a store-brand where I live. A little over 300 calories and tastes great, with not too much sodium. I get them for 2.50 when the store brand dinners are on sale, and that's not prohibitively high for me. I would not want them every day or for more than one meal a day, but a few times a week is fine for me. I really don't have the patience to cook curries or other meals from scratch and freeze them; then have to eat the same thing every day before it goes bad.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention this: you probably know those wierd desserts that they offer. Well, Dad just taught me not only the salad method, but he then proceeded to BLOW ME AWAY by topping a scoop of healthier vanilla ice cream with the WARM, LUSCIOUS cherry-blueberry goodness. :heart: I was in hog heaven!:love: