December Fast Food Challenge

Options
Here's the challenge for the new month, December. No fast food for the whole month.

Make it what you need it to be. Need to cut out all eating out - go for it. Need to allow Subway - go for it. I personally allow Subway and include pizza in the "not allowed" column.

This is a thread to support one another and to help with accountability for not eating what we know we need to cut out, or at least cut back.

Replies

• chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It can be done!
  • ValerieCx
    ValerieCx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I definately need to do this. I do eat a lot of fast food and that is also when I drink sodas. I need to cut out both. No fast food or sodas for me during December.!
  • mixmistress508
    Options
    I'm on board. I'll allow Subway because it's so good and I don't do cheese or mayo, but that will be the only one allowed.

I use to never eat fast food, and I eat it very rarely, but need to get back to none at all. I'll be here in my moments of weakness for your help and to help you.
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    OMG WOWSERS...this is a challenge i definitely need to try....Im in I will really attempt no fast food for december...well at least up until christmas....and u said we CAN have subway??
  • michelleg031
    Options
    I'm in! This is going to be tough, I love fast food!! But it must be done, not going to lose the weight eating french fries and cheeseburgers.
  • alohajillian
    Options
    I'm in too! I did it last month but allowed myself healthy choices from Subway. Great challenge!
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    OMG....I am on board...this will be challenging for me especially on the weekends because I dont like to cook. But I will give it a try and hopefully be successful at it. I dont eat Subway so that doesnt bother me.
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there!
    The weekend was good, but had my breakfast at McD's this morning.
    An interesting occurrence last nite~ I went to McDonalds for my usual double cheeseburger meal one final time until after my marathon at least. It tasted like crap! I was both disappointed and excited!
    I am super motivated for the next 10 days, no fried food or red meat until race day. Need to stick with easy to digest, highly nutritious meals. I'm also hoping that a 10 day detox will reset my taste buds and help me continue through the rest of the month.
    Pizza is still on my allowed list. probably not Subway because I can't resist the chips or cookies!

Keep up the good work everyone! I am so impressed with how well you did in November! Super motivating! :drinker:
  • mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Options
    I am in for a second month. I will need it this month for sure. I do have a Christmas party this Friday but have pre ordered my meal. I am having salmon, veges, rice. So this will be my only restaurant meal this month.
    Thanks everyone.
    Mia:bigsmile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating one for December:happy: :drinker:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Day 1!!
  • mia66
    Options
    this week was good. no take out.
    Mia:drinker:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I just found the new topic. I started the first part of the month really well. Had 2 slices of pizza over the weekend. Luckily it didn't hurt me too much on the scale. Must have a better week. Just taking it day by day!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Hubby was going to make spaghetti with homemade sauce on Friday but got home too late. So, I drove through Wendy's. But, I was back at it the next day and have been good so far. Day 6 here an only one slip up so far. That's an accomplishment.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Shannon, that's great. you definitely have to celebrate the little accomplishments. no fast food today. eating hasn't been bad, I am trying to plan my meals in advance that helps!
  • mia66
    Options
    No fast food this week at all. Dd not even think about it. Sucess.
    Mia:bigsmile:

368038.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    none for me this week as well :) Oh I guess that would technically be last week. LOL I'm still around just lost track of the thread ;o)
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    So funny! Just found this thread but I had made this a personal challenge to myself! No chinese :sad: No pizza hut :sad: No Taco Bell :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: lol! So far so good! I did have subway once, no mayo no cheese. We were in a massive pinch while traveling last weekend, got off at an exit in the middle of no where and the only thing there was McDonalds. :noway: So I got a salad with grilled chicken, sooo amazing!

There ya have it! Love that I wasn't the only one thinking these thoughts! I just hated how it was making me feel anyways, plus, trying to loose these last 5 pounds, PLUS, being December and all...wanting to enjoy other things in a couple of weeks! :o)
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Uggghhh! I've totally not been on the "no fast food" for the last week. In fact, I've had it almost every day since Friday I think. I can say that I'd start over tomorrow but we'll likely have to eat something fast on the way out tomorrow night. Maybe the next day!?

I will get over this though! I hate eating it all so much.

I hope you all are doing well!
  • mia66
    Options
    No fast food at all this week. I also did not even touch any of the many treats past around at work all week. I was surprised that I was not even tempted a little.
    Mia:happy: :bigsmile: