Hate Cooking! No cook meals/recipes

Options
13»

Replies

• tansunny
    tansunny Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The problem I see is that you keep asking for "recipes" and recipes are things people cook. Otherwise they are just some food combos.

I totally understand not wanting to cook an elaborate meal, but I think you need to give a little. Suggestions for the crock-pot are great as well as simple meals (omelets, salads). I like to make taco meat and make taco salad (beans, lettuce, tomato, olives, peppers, dressing with ranch/salsa or sour cream/salsa) but that sounds like too much work for you. That is a simple meal in our house and I make the taco meat and dressing in advance.

If you hate cooking, you're going to have to rely on convience foods such as microwave rice packets, veggie burgers, frozen meals, yogurts, etc. Personally I use those things sometimes, but they get old fast.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have a micro kitchen with no light and cat boxes in the corner. I'm not a fan of cooking for this reason too. thanks for the posts
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker helps, and do a huge batch cooking once a month or whenever you can cook make as much as you can. I eat the same foods all the time. When my husband turns the grill on I have him grill up as much as possible. He made 16 chicken thighs yesterday :). Rotisserie chicken is awesome with the steam in bag microwave veggies. I also eat a lot of protein shakes/ smoothies yogurt, oatmeal, protein bars,hardboiled eggs ( also do a big batch for the week) cheese sticks, baby carrots and hummus, fruit and fruit with peanut butter. If I make muffins or pancakes I always do a ton and freeze for later. Costco also has large things of frozen food you just have to heat and you can find healthier options.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I suggest everyone stop making suggestions and let nature handle this one.
  • strassenkoenigin
    Options
    Often I jut throw everything in a blender,like spinach , apple, garlic, nuts, carrots, celery, flaxseed or whatever else I have. That makes a quick and nutritious meal.
    My other favorite is using my rice cooker. Not much cooking involved. Put some rice and water in it and switch it on, I use brown rice which takes long so after 10 minutes I add chicken and vegetables with spices in the steam dish and let it cook another ten minutes or so. I have an easy meal cooked without fat and without much cleanup.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Eat restaurant food.

Marry someone who cooks.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Eat restaurant food.

Marry someone who cooks.

^^ This.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    grow up- learn how to cook something that's easy and low maintenance.

or just realize you will ONLY eat pre-prepared food- restaurant food- or things that are microwavable.

ALl of us are busy- ALL of us don't want to come home and cook.
    ALL of us have better things to do with our time- and almost all of us would rather be doing something other than cooking (there are people who DO like to cook- so I know I don't speak for everyone)

But we like food- and we need and also like to eat. So either get over your aversion to cooking- or realize you're going to be eating the same things over and over again that are "no cook" foods.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd start looking up sandwich recipes. Endless combos of meat & veg & condiments. Skip any that have cooked ingredients. Microwave bacon for them if you're willing.

Do you like smoked fish? You can make easy, filling, and (to me) tasty spreads with them.

Start exploring the frozen food section. Almost everything there is better baked rather than microwaved. Surely you can put a container in the oven or toaster oven and set the timer and temperature. If not, well, there's always the microwave.

Other than that, my best advice is to try a new-to-you veg, fruit, nut, cheese, or condiment every week. Not sure how else to make things more interesting.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Cowboy Caviar is a gift from the gods!:love:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Was disappointed to discover that Cowboy Caviar comes from here:
    cowboy-caviar.png

Not here:
    cowboy_chaps-210.jpg
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The problem I see is that you keep asking for "recipes" and recipes are things people cook. Otherwise they are just some food combos.
    (quote)

I don't think that's true. A think a recipe is anything you mix together right?

Anyway, some of you guys are making it sound like I just eat packaged and prepared food, which is not true. I eat all fresh...it's just mostly salads and fruits. The only canned foods I eat are certain fish (tuna, sardines, salmon), sometimes soup. I'd be interested in making some kind of cucumber salad or something to eat with a turkey burger that's all.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,649 Member
    Options

Was disappointed to discover that Cowboy Caviar comes from here:
    cowboy-caviar.png

Not here:
    cowboy_chaps-210.jpg

I was all ready to demand, "What's wrong with Trader Joe's????"

But then...yeah. :smile:
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    mmmm...Cowboy caviar sounds delicious.....But besides loathing cooking, I have an anxiety about going into NYC Trader Joe's. I have issues.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in making some kind of cucumber salad or something to eat with a turkey burger that's all.

Sliced cucumber, tomato and onions in raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Can add mushrooms if you like those, or yellow squash, whatever is in season.
  • bittykittyfarts
    Options
    Minute Rice Multi-Grain Medley (precooked rice cups), hummus, diced cucumber, pre shredded carrots. Throw it all in a bowl and mix. Eat with spoon or tuck into a pita. Tons of protein and fiber. I hate to cook(particularly meat), and pretty much live off of this combo along with salads, fruits, and raisin bran with almond milk.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    You're in new york, just go out.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Bumping a 3 year old thread to plug your website... :/
  • OptimalScaler
    OptimalScaler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Providing value to any user, there are many options outside the home. The more health information the better.