What is a good goal for me and how should I attain it?

Options
Hi, I stopped using MFP for like 6 months or so, but I have recently started logging again. Currently, I am 5'2" and weigh 138. I wear a size 4 in dresses and pants, and I'm usually a small in everything else. This is close to the heaviest I've been in 2 years (140 lbs), and in spring of 2013 I weighed about 125. I'm looking to lose weight, or at least get more toned, but it is hard for me, especially in the summer because I'm not playing basketball everyday and I'm doing summer school so I am mostly sedentary. I have a gym membership, but it's hard to find time to go, and I don't really know what I should be doing.

I just want to know what is an attainable goal for me and what steps I should take to achieve it.

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    quit worrying about your "weight loss goal" or target weight. If you want to make a useful goal, then set a goal to get your diet under control and workout 3x a week. That is a helpful goal.

Getting your diet in check is worth about 80% of what you need to do to lose weight. The exercise is just going to make you look better once you lose the weight and helps keep your metabolism up since muscle mass burns calories.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out a reasonable goal for myself!!!