Stuck at a stand still

Options
In the last 3 days I felt that I did really well. I reached my goals, exercised, and felt great. Despite that, I've only lost .2 pounds in this stretch. Have you gotten stuck at stand stills like this? I've heard I should just focus on how I feel, and not on what the scale says. Is this true?

Replies

• MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Three days isn't long enough to see significant weight loss. A quarter of a pound is pretty par for the course...if you add it up, that's 1/2 a pound a week! Try only weighing yourself once a week or every two weeks or even just on the first day of the month, focusing on how you feel and how you look and how your clothes fit versus the number on the scale.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Its only been 3 days...

It didn't come on overnight - you're not going to lose it overnight

:flowerforyou:
  • chantya
    chantya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would not focus on the scale because it will not give you fat loss use a measure or body fat measure. :smile:
    http://www.johnstonefitness.com/2012/01/11/fat-loss-101-the-scale-is-not-nearly-as-important-as-you-may-think/
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Its only been 3 days...

It didn't come on overnight - you're not going to lose it overnight

:flowerforyou:

Basically this. I've had 2-3 day stretches of not losing an ounce. If you're going to weigh every day, focus on the overall trend and not the day-to-day numbers.