Help! 20lbs more to go!!!!

Options
Hi, I've been using MFP on and off since 2011. Finally I can say I have lost aprox 35lbs! About freaking time right? That almost like saying 10lbs a year :indifferent: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
I graduate in Novemeber from medical school and I really really want to lose 20 more pounds to reach my goal. It's getting harder for me to lose weight! I'm working out 5 days a week. One day I'll run the next day I'll do insanity and so on.
My question is: Should I stick to the 1200 daily calorie intake or what has worked better for you? Thank you very much in advance for your help :blushing: :flowerforyou:
P.S Also I am sitting at my desk most of the time aside from when I work out, cuz I'm studying for my board exams. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    20 more lbs by novermber is a tall order. Especially with the stress that is going to come along with your last semester. You can do it, but you are really going to be pushing it. You will need to make sure you are eating plenty of protein so yo uare getting proper nutrition.
  • annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I don't really have any advice for you but I just wanted to say snap!

I've lost 34lbs from April 2013 and have exactly 20lbs more to go to bed to my goal weight...I've had 2 kids that have contributed to my weight gain and other stupid factors along the way so I've gave myself until next year to get that off. I'm getting impatient as I can see the end but I know I just need to give it time.

Just give yourself time :)
  • whatyouwill
    whatyouwill Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been using MFP on and off since 2011. Finally I can say I have lost aprox 35lbs! About freaking time right? That almost like saying 10lbs a year :indifferent: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
    I graduate in Novemeber from medical school and I really really want to lose 20 more pounds to reach my goal. It's getting harder for me to lose weight! I'm working out 5 days a week. One day I'll run the next day I'll do insanity and so on.
    My question is: Should I stick to the 1200 daily calorie intake or what has worked better for you? Thank you very much in advance for your help :blushing: :flowerforyou:
    P.S Also I am sitting at my desk most of the time aside from when I work out, cuz I'm studying for my board exams. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Firstly, good luck. Secondly, congrats for getting through Medical School - in the UK or US?

I am not too far away from 20lbs to go (wanted to lose a total of 47lbs). I can sense the weight loss slowing down, and see less change week to week in my body, but if anything that's motivational for me rather than dispiriting.

Once I get to 20lbs to go, I'm going to quite drastically change things up. For me (and this is only anecdotal) but variety seems to help take out those pesky lbs. when you stall / when you have a tight target to hit.

1. Rather than exercising at night, I'm going to get up at 5am and do my runs in the morning before work.
    2. I'm going to do two strict non-carb days in my 7 days a week diet.
    3. I'm going to restrict Beer intake and drink vodka lemonade and lime instead.
    4. I'm going to do a general stretch and workout routine in the park twice a week.

All the best x
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    You very well may need to eat more. As you get more fit, your body needs more fuel. I hit a plateau in my weight loss journey and broke it by bumping up 200 cal/day. Also, throw in some resistance work. If you're running and doing Insanity, rotating in weightlifting will be a good addition.

Allan
  • Stephanie_skinny
    Stephanie_skinny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    20 more lbs by novermber is a tall order. Especially with the stress that is going to come along with your last semester. You can do it, but you are really going to be pushing it. You will need to make sure you are eating plenty of protein so yo uare getting proper nutrition.

Thank you! I'm gonna really try and push my self!!
  • Stephanie_skinny
    Options
    Hi,
    I don't really have any advice for you but I just wanted to say snap!

I've lost 34lbs from April 2013 and have exactly 20lbs more to go to bed to my goal weight...I've had 2 kids that have contributed to my weight gain and other stupid factors along the way so I've gave myself until next year to get that off. I'm getting impatient as I can see the end but I know I just need to give it time.

Just give yourself time :)

Awww Thank You!!! I love your ticker: NEVER GIVE UP!!!! :D
  • Stephanie_skinny
    Options

Firstly, good luck. Secondly, congrats for getting through Medical School - in the UK or US?

I am not too far away from 20lbs to go (wanted to lose a total of 47lbs). I can sense the weight loss slowing down, and see less change week to week in my body, but if anything that's motivational for me rather than dispiriting.

Once I get to 20lbs to go, I'm going to quite drastically change things up. For me (and this is only anecdotal) but variety seems to help take out those pesky lbs. when you stall / when you have a tight target to hit.

1. Rather than exercising at night, I'm going to get up at 5am and do my runs in the morning before work.
    2. I'm going to do two strict non-carb days in my 7 days a week diet.
    3. I'm going to restrict Beer intake and drink vodka lemonade and lime instead.
    4. I'm going to do a general stretch and workout routine in the park twice a week.

All the best x

WOW Those changes sound like good ideas!!! Specially the trade beer for vodka :wink: I'm gonna give it a try and try to wake up early and work out! I'm not a morning person so I already know it's gonna be hard, but totally doable.
  • Stephanie_skinny
    Options
    You very well may need to eat more. As you get more fit, your body needs more fuel. I hit a plateau in my weight loss journey and broke it by bumping up 200 cal/day. Also, throw in some resistance work. If you're running and doing Insanity, rotating in weightlifting will be a good addition.

Allan

Thank you, I've heard this before but really don't know how to do a weightlifting routine! I guess I would have to look for a trainer or something. I'm very bad at staying at 1200 cals, I always go over by a bit but maybe I'll try to be less strict for a week and see the changes.