Bluetooth HR monitors and Apps

Hello all!

I wear a polar hr monitor while working out, during both my weight lifting and hikes. I have see a few things recently about hr monitors that sync to apps on their iphones.

Does anyone use a Bluetooth HR monitor that syncs to an app on their phone? Recommendations for any specific one? Does anyone notice any benefits to using one of these?

Thanks!

Replies

• dannyfayne
    dannyfayne Posts: 2 Member
    I just got a Polar HRM as well. I was using Runkepper to log my bike rides and although it does integrate with the Polar HRM it doesn't use the data to calculate calorie burn. So far the only app I've found that makes use to heart rate data to calculate calories is Endumundo but at least for me it seems to be wildly inaccurate. Without a HRM I burn about 400 calories on a 40 minute ride. With a HRM at an average HR of 148 Endumundo shows 675 calories for a 40 minute ride. I would have expected the delta to be quite a bit less. So I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not sure what the best app is to use when incorporating a HRM. I am open to suggestions as well.