Need help with a question on exercise at work.

mem50
mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Since most of my exercise is done at work I have to log it after it's done since I don't know from one day to the next which job I will be running. Usually it's the same one. As far as the HRM is concerned I burn about 328 calories in an hour running it. Then I have to minus breaks, maintenance issues, start-up and shut down procedures. Other jobs are less physical so less calories burned. So if I log what I did at work the next morning is that considered cheating for the day? Not sure on this one.

Replies

• 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    hummm... my work is like that too. I tend to log is as 1-2 hours of walking at a slow pace (2 miles per hour). some days i easily walk three miles while on shift and others I just stand there with some movement.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    That is a tough one. DOes MFP let you go back and change what you've entered after the fact (like the next day)? I wonder if you can guesstimate your calories that day based on the type of day you think it is gonna be (I know, crap happens and that could change), but the point being, you can have a figure based on past experience and then correct it afterwards. Just a thought.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    I log sometimes for days past when I haven't had much time to actually log and it doesn't seem to mess up the current day. Hope that helps ya :smile:
This discussion has been closed.