30 pounds lost!

Options

Replies

• runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the 30-lb loss! That is a great accomplishment. Many condolences on the separation, though. I've been married for 8 so I can empathize on how that must feel. Enjoy that hike and maybe use it as a time to vent out anything you need to project. We're here for you!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    You got this....I quit smoking when I separated and divorced my husband ...lol...because my stress was gone!!!! You look great
  • wanttheskinnylife
    Options
    This is amazing! Well done for all your hard work! Your legs are looking especially good!
    I hope you can get through everything - wishing you all the best! <3
  • Rebecca_1552
    Rebecca_1552 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! :happy:
  • Brender123
    Brender123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Good for you!!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations- you look great! Thanks for posting!

Cheers!
    :drinker:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Great job! :drinker:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I am sorry about your husband it is a loss, and sad.

Congratulations on your 'Scale Victory' and many more to come :)
  • armstrok1
    Options
    Well done! Good for you for hiking and reaching out by posting your story. All positive and healthy ways to handle a stressful situation. Congrats and keep it going.
  • smittysgal7
    smittysgal7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I often joke that when I lost the 260+ pound weight off my back (my ex-husband), I dropped 50 pounds in 3-6 months! I know it isn't easy to think of right now, but if this has been a stress and strain on your life, it could be for the best.

Just, if you do get divorced or remain separated, do not attempt to keep your child/children's life exactly the same - and do not put every ounce of energy into your child/children, as it will prevent you from healing and moving forward - and them, too. I speak from personal experience.

Making small changes as needed to accommodate the new lifestyle will help you all adjust together instead of setting up unrealistic expectations you can't possibly maintain, then breaking later, causing them twice the pain and healing. Also, your child/children deserve to be themselves. Don't make the mistakes I did and lean on them even though it seems like a good fit.

Above and beyond all that, keep channeling your emotions, you're on a great roll!! And those 30 pounds make such a difference. Keep doing this for you and your new life, regardless of whether the hubby comes back into it or not.

Hugs.
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Please read my profile, and send a friend request afterwards if you'd like. I completely understand the range of emotions that you're experiencing right now, and I'd love to be a source of support for you if you're open to that. Well done on going for a hike rather than turning to food for comfort - I totally get that too, and I'm proud of you for making that decision!
  • eclaireya
    eclaireya Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You not only look awesome, you ARE awesome! Way to go on this huge accomplishment!

I started my first weight loss journey a few years ago, and had lost about 25 pounds when I hit a very rough patch in my marriage. There was something about being healthier than I had been a few months earlier, the rough time increased my motivation and I felt strong and powerful. Where I would have been a wreck had it transpired prior to starting to lose weight, I felt empowered and like I could get through anything. I went on to lose another 20 lbs after that prior to hitting maintenance.

YOU ARE STRONG AND POWERFUL, remember that! Congratulations again on your 30 lb weight loss~
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great :flowerforyou:
  • marie3221
    marie3221 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Your legs look HOT by the way!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great progress! So proud og you! We share your joy!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Wow! YOu are looking sooo good. YOu keep going.. you have control over your body and health..but not over another person..like your husband.

I applaud you for letting that bad news motivate you in a positive way. It is amazing how losing weight makes a person take charge of their life in other areas of life beyiond the scale.

Good things are in the cards for you… Keep going strong. :flowerforyou:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Way to go!
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look terrific. Keep up the hard work!!
  • 16StoneJay
    16StoneJay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a story. I am so happy for you and at the same time filled with sympathy. Your reaction to this is amazing. I am an emotional eater as well and I must say your strength is inspiring. I hope you never give up on your dreams! Be proud of yourself and remember only you define who you are, no one else.

J
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!