To have a birthday party, or to not have a birthday party...

ChuckgM3
ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
I'm turning 33 in a couple weeks and I was debating on whether or not I should have a little celebration for myself. I know it sounds sad that I would throw something for myself and that I don't have anyone to put together something for me, but my schedule is really amorphous and my friends know that so they don't even try.

Thing is, I'm only half way to my goal weight, and while that will be impressive and shocking for some of my friends who haven't seen me recently, it will probably not be noticable for the people I haven't seen in a long time (since I was probably this weight the last time they saw me)... I'd almost rather wait until I've reached my goal weight when everyone will be shocked and impressed.. plus I get to stay focused with my diet and work out plan without the inevitable 2-3 hiatus that comes with the party eating/drinking/hangover.

Also, I think it would be rather cool (and extremely nerdy) to have a 1/3 century party instead, 122 days after my birthday. :D

What say you, MFPals?

Replies

• Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    I dont see any reason NOT to throw a party for yourself or anyone else for whatever reason you want. I think I might throw a June 7 Goonies party. :)
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    I can tell you what I did for my 26th birthday 2 weeks ago: took some Tylenol MultiSymptom and fell asleep on the couch. I had a headache on my friggin birthday. Didn't go out. Didn't have a cake (although I had pumpkin spice cupcakes the week before). Didn't see friends. I saw Harry Potter and did a mini-Lost marathon with family the day before. That's it. And I'm ok with that. I saw my friends the weekend before (and had an unfortunate amount of wine). Have a party if you want. Wait to have a party. It's whatever makes you the happiest. Don't let others judge your choices.
  • ChuckgM3
    True, not looking for anyone to judge though just getting input.

If I do have a party it will almost certainly involve an unfortunate amount of alcohol and food :)

Happy belated btw!
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    If you have an unfortunate amount of alcohol, make sure you are fortunate enough to have a friend who will keep your phone out of your hands. I woke up the next morning with very unfortunate status updates on Facebook and texts. :(
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    my sister and I take each other's phones away so as to prevent drunken texting/FBing. LOL Happens to us all:blushing:
  • ChuckgM3
    Ohh yeah, definitely... friends don't let friends drunk dial/text etc.
This discussion has been closed.