Light Breakfast Omelet

Cytherea
Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
I typically don't really eat breakfast because I get up late enough for lunch (LOL- but don't yell, I DO eat shortly after I get up!) and I'm really picky about my eggs. So this morning I got up early enough to eat breakfast, realized that the eggs were about to go bad, and decided to make a little omelet. Usually, I saute veggies for it (onions, mushrooms) but I didn't have any. So I tried something different and it came out quite good! So I wanted to share.

1 extra large egg, beaten (did not add anything to the egg)
1 oz of ham (though I ate some of it and didn't add it all to the omelet, so maybe only .75 oz. of ham) torn up
1 wedge Laughing Cow herb and garlic flavor cheese (cut into about 10 pieces)

I have a tiny pan and this cooked perfectly in it. Heat the pan up on med/low heat, then spray with cooking spray (it won't sizzle because it won't be that hot, but cooking it on low makes the egg come out better).

Add the egg, stir a bit with the spatula until it starts to cook. Then, let it sit. Periodically, push the sides with the spatula to make sure it isn't sticking.

When it is almost done cooking, add the cheese and ham. I added the cheese to one side and the ham to the other. After a little while longer, flip one half of the omelet over the other (reallllllly easy to do in a small pan and if the omelet is just about fully cooked). Leave it on a little bit longer, flipping it back and forth to get both sides warm.

Enjoy!

I was surprised at how good it came out. Because the cheese was flavored I didn't need to add any spices or salt. It was quite filling, for such a small omelet, and quite low in calories too! The final count:

Cals: 164
Carbs: 3
Fat: 10 (half of which is from the egg)
Protein: 15

Replies

This discussion has been closed.