cooking for two adults

rmkorama
rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
Hi, all. Someone in one of my groups posted a request for healthy recipes for two adults, and I figured it would be cool to open this up to everyone who might have suggestions.

In the words of the original request: "Would love some suggestions for recipes for two people without picky kids' palates to satisfy."

One of the easiest things we do at our house is to just make a large tossed salad and throw on a small portion of some sort of grilled protein, usually chicken cooked on the Foreman Grill. Wonderful additions to a simple tossed salad are dried cranberries or other fruit, chopped nuts, and sunflower seeds. I have to watch those additions carefully, though, as they are uniformly high in calories. :)

Replies

• gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    That would be great 'cept for the fact that i don't have kids but I DO have a super picky husband that won't eat lettuce!:laugh:
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    SIDE NOTE: I LOVE Inuyasha! :love:
  • I have the pickey husband that doens't eat veggies that i like to eat... But I grew up eating them he didn't. It would be nice for some new receipes for two and not have such leftovers...
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    SIDE NOTE: I LOVE Inuyasha! :love:

OMG me 2!:love::love: :love:
    I own all of the us released special edition seasons & watched the last season subbed as soon as it was online!
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    I usually just cut the recipes in half; or freeze leftovers for next week. Usually i just improvise, though. I made chicken soup last night. I put about 5 cups of water in a pot, boiled it, added 2 OXO chicken cubes, a tsp brown sugar, boiled it for another 2 minutes; then added a large potato, 1/2 a large carrot and when they are half cooked I added a handful of pasta per serving (3) and usually an extra 1/2 handful just in case :-) When the pasta is almost done, i add about 1/2 cup frozen peas and 1/2 cup frozen green&yellow beans, and some precooked chicken (last night i used the meat from 2 legs and a wing from a deli chicken i had frozen).

Mmm, Yummy!
This discussion has been closed.