Haircut Trauma

soze
soze Posts: 604 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
I went to a stylist last week before the holidays. I wanted to get a haircut for an interview this week and wanted that out of the way. Now I'm not real particular about my hair. I like it just over my ears and out of my eyes. That simple. The stylist and I must have not connected. My hair looks like a worn out broom if brooms were white. It sticks out over my ears, it's short in the wrong spots and long in the wrong places. When she was done she just spun the chair around. I asked am I done? She said unless you want me to shave you bald. I didn't even get a chance to look at it. I tipped her because I give stylist the benefit of a doubt. She seemed stunned about the tip. But now I have to go back and get another haircut and I'm scared. LOL

This is the normal place I get my haircut. There are two stylist there that do a great job. The last haircut was so awesome I wished my hair wouldn't grow any further. I guess fortunately it grew. I mean being male and all. Well time to man up I recon.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    omg, I would die! I'm very, very, into my hair, haha! I'd book an appointment with one of the better hairstylists & hope for the best :(( in the meantime, wear tuques, it's the kinda weather anyways right?
  • Hey Soze, can't you request the stylist that did a great job for you? And another thought... next time you get a haircut you like, take a few quick photos with your phone (front and back) if you have that capability so you can show the stylists in the future. I say this because I wish I'd done that myself... I'm having a hard time getting a recreation of one haircut that I loved.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Geech, there is a sort of rule that you can go back for ajustments. But I'd call ahead and get someone else!!! Make them fix it or give you credit for the next heaircut free!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Years back, I got a perm in my short hair. It was AWFUL!!:grumble: At first I cried :sad: Then I was just sooo mad :angry: Then I was embarrassed to even go to work the next day :embarassed: Fortunately, I found a better sylist....that is, after it grew out! :ohwell:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Haven't had to worry about a bad haircut since the mid 70's. You're just a razor away from the same worry-free life.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Poor you, if youre going to same place ask for it to be corrected instead of paying twice!

I cut my own. I hate my head and hair being touched! I have had one bad hairdressing experience, I looked like some kind of monk she cut my fringe that short! I cried, I was 15 years old with a 1 inch dead straight fringe!

It took me a long time to ever go to a hairdresser again and then I found Wendy, a hairdresser that totally got me, knew what I wanted, didn't talk cr*p at you (weather holiday blah blah) and got it right every time. When she retired I took to trimming it myself. Its easy enough as its long so straight across at the back and a feather cut fringe.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Haven't had to worry about a bad haircut since the mid 70's. You're just a razor away from the same worry-free life.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • soze
    Hey Soze, can't you request the stylist that did a great job for you? And another thought... next time you get a haircut you like, take a few quick photos with your phone (front and back) if you have that capability so you can show the stylists in the future. I say this because I wish I'd done that myself... I'm having a hard time getting a recreation of one haircut that I loved.

I don't know if I should go back. The last great haircut was by a guy. He took the time to listen and explain the terms so that I could tell him what I wanted. What I am afraid of is seeing the same woman there that did that awful cut. Further I fear going to a new place because the last two new places gave me a crew cut. Now I've seen many guys with crew cuts and they look awesome on them. They do not look good on me in my opinion. One stylist gave me a crew cut. She didn't even ask what I wanted. I went to a new stylist. I told her I like it longish (for male) and lightly layered. I then said definitely not short like a crewcut. She cut it shorter than the last stylist. Even people at work noticed it was amazingly shorter than the cut before. I told her that hey I told you I wanted it long. She said well it's long on top. Oh yeah a full half inch. I was mad. I sucked it up and told her well it will grow back and crossed my fingers. LOL Of course I never went back there.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    I go to the same barber shop all the time... Joe's. Normally Joe cuts my hair, but the one day I could not get there until lunch time. Lilly cut my hair and it was SHORT... but I was ok with that. She then trimmed my beard so short you could almost not see it. I have had a gote/mustache since I am 18.. 14 years and she basically shaved it all away. I hated it but people kept saying how much they liked it.... which did not make me feel better but worse!

Last week I went to get my hair cut for Thanksgiving and Joe was busy... and Lilly stood there by an empty chair. I sat down and read playboy until Joe was available.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Not trying to defend the stylist/barber 'cause I know it stinks to not be happy w/ your hair, but as a hairdresser I have to say that sometimes it takes more than one cut to be on the same page. At least go back to the same place and show them what you DON'T want your hair to look like. My advice would be to go to the same person every time if at all possible :) At least it'll grow out. A crappy tatoo job would be wayyyy worse ;)
  • chrissym78
    :) funny!
  • chrissym78
    I go to the same barber shop all the time... Joe's. Normally Joe cuts my hair, but the one day I could not get there until lunch time. Lilly cut my hair and it was SHORT... but I was ok with that. She then trimmed my beard so short you could almost not see it. I have had a gote/mustache since I am 18.. 14 years and she basically shaved it all away. I hated it but people kept saying how much they liked it.... which did not make me feel better but worse!

Last week I went to get my hair cut for Thanksgiving and Joe was busy... and Lilly stood there by an empty chair. I sat down and read playboy until Joe was available.

woops, sorry.. that's what i thought was funny :)
  • soze

Hey, I get many compliments on my hair for a guy. It is really unusual in color. It is white like none other. To me it looks like house paint white with a touch of conditioner. When I'm at a place with an overhead mirror I don't recognize myself with all that white hair and fortunately no bald spot. When I get it cut short I hear it from my mom, my wife or ex-wife, and about everyone else. I had one woman say she wanted hair like mine if it was mine. I think she meant the color. I told her I earned those white hairs.

Now frankly I yearn for the days it was reddish brown.
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    Hey, I get many compliments on my hair for a guy. It is really unusual in color. It is white like none other. To me it looks like house paint white with a touch of conditioner. When I'm at a place with an overhead mirror I don't recognize myself with all that white hair and fortunately no bald spot. When I get it cut short I hear it from my mom, my wife or ex-wife, and about everyone else. I had one woman say she wanted hair like mine if it was mine. I think she meant the color. I told her I earned those white hairs.

[/quote]

When are you going to let us see that full head of white hair so we can compliment you? Please don't send me to my room and take away all my remaining calories...
  • soze

When are you going to let us see that full head of white hair so we can compliment you? Please don't send me to my room and take away all my remaining calories...
    [/quote]

It's actually very fine, still full by 56 year old guy standards. I was going to have someone at the gym take my picture because I loved my haircut tonight. However, when I got to the gym I couldn't find my shorts. I had them in my hand at home but apparently left them at the house. When I got home there they were on the back of a kitchen chair. uhg!
This discussion has been closed.