Getting up!

Options
JONZ64
JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
I work out in the morning and I get lots of questions about "How do you get up that early!!!?"
Well I was always and early riser, but I have troubles like everyone else so I use this trick. I put the alarm clock on the other side of the room with workout clothes right next to it ready to go and my gym bag with change of clothes prepacked from the night before.
Anyone else have other tricks? Oh and the mat in the pic would be nice huh?

Carpetalarmclock.jpg

Replies

• Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    My trick is that my boss will fire me if I don't show up to work on time!

He's such a motivator.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I was getting up early to exercise, but a being banker and all, I have found that sleep is more important to me. I do my exercising after work usually late afternoon or early evening.

By the way, I like your weight loss ticker!
  • All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    After work for me. It takes me a while to cool down completely, so if I do it after work, I don't have to worry about still burning and going back to work.

Go Pats!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    getting up early in the morning starts the night before. i lay out everything i need for the next day, and i set up the coffee pot with the timer to go off about five minutes before my alarm goes off, so that i wake up to the smell of coffee.

but i also know that if i want to wake up at a certain time, i need to go bed earlier. 4:30am wake up? i'll need about 6-8 hours of sleep, so that means i need to be asleep by 10:30pm the latest. usually i'm in bed around 9ish, and reading, and asleep 30 minutes later.
  • JONZ64
    Options
    Thats great that you can find the energy after work. I find there's a lot of people who can't do that, they say they're too tired after work. My boss goes after work. He says he needs it to "decompress".

For me, I enjoy the morning to get my blood pumping and to get it out of the way, in my job I never know if my day will end "on time" so I can't really be sure if I will be able to make it to the gym afterwards. I have worked out at lunch a few times but as "All4me" said "Cooling down" is difficult and it sucks to come back to work sweating even after taking a shower :tongue:
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Even if I don't have the energy after work, I make myself do it and I feel better having done so!
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning and I get lots of questions about "How do you get up that early!!!?"
    Well I was always and early riser, but I have troubles like everyone else so I use this trick. I put the alarm clock on the other side of the room with workout clothes right next to it ready to go and my gym bag with change of clothes prepacked from the night before.

Carpetalarmclock.jpg

I get up three hours before everyone else at home so I can get my workout done.

I want that rug alarm so bad I can taste it. Unfortunately, that's exactly where my 80 pound chocolate lab sleeps, so me thinks it would never actually go off! Or maybe it would and he would bark his head off and I would totally be awake then... Hmm, I'll think about this some more LOL
  • JONZ64
    Options

Carpetalarmclock.jpg

I get up three hours before everyone else at home so I can get my workout done.

I want that rug alarm so bad I can taste it. Unfortunately, that's exactly where my 80 pound chocolate lab sleeps, so me thinks it would never actually go off! Or maybe it would and he would bark his head off and I would totally be awake then... Hmm, I'll think about this some more LOL

I have a 65lb Lab/Border Collie Mix who sleeps right next to my bed too :laugh: