Illinois Peeps

Options

Replies

• DirectorLawrence
    DirectorLawrence Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in Bloomington but from the Peoria area.
  • SmileyJonM
    SmileyJonM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Heyworth Illinois here... Work in Bloomington IL. I am Looking for friends to encourage each other. God has lead me out of atheism, alcoholism, homelessness, and cocaine addiction. I am hopeful that He is helping free me from my gluttonous and dysfunctional relationship with food, Can I encourage you?
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Kankakee county here! On my way to becoming a fit, hot momma! ;) (hopefully)
  • SmileyJonM
    SmileyJonM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Elgin, IL here. About 45 minutes west of Chicago... I see a lot of people on here close to me. :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    How'd I miss this before? Chicago here.

Anyone have plans for getting or staying fit during the soon-to-come winter? I'm thinking about a couple of January organized runs, and trying to convince myself that's not crazy.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Champaign Urbana native until 2003 when I joined the Air Force. Been in Texas for the last 7 years.
  • GinaKiss89
    Options
    Illinois ( the good part ) born and raised, but presently in exile. I've seen quite a few Illinois folks on MFP. I will say, however, that Chicagoland seems way under-represented compared to southern Illinois. Maybe it's just me, but I've probably seen an equal number of people on here from the southern half, and population distribution would suggest that should not be the case.

I always get excited to see someone from IL but they're never closer than three hours from me! I'm only about 40 minutes west of the city and I have yet to see anyone from the actual suburbs like I am. It's all down near Peoria.

Hello! I am from a small town about 60 miles SW of downtown Chicago and work several times a month in Warrenville, IL and close enough to shop frequently in Naperville.
  • landay
    landay Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hour south of Chicago, here!! I think if Illinoisans don't exercise much, it's probably because the weather is so temperamental and cold and because the pizza is so freakin' good.
  • kreeland
    Options
    Starved Rock area here. It's gorgeous this time of year and everyone is out hiking, walking, etc.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I am from Southern IL.. Greenville to be exact..
  • jasonr1009
    jasonr1009 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Chicago checking in :) South loop
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Rockford area here... was just in the peoria and chicago areas within the last two weeks. :-)
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    kreeland wrote: »
    Starved Rock area here. It's gorgeous this time of year and everyone is out hiking, walking, etc.

I keep trying to get to Starved Rock... I drive from Rockford to Peoria and back all the time and never manage to make that turn into your area... one of these days...would love to see the waterfalls there and at mathieson. (sp)
  • NoMoreYoYos
    NoMoreYoYos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chicago check in - Andersonville area. At least in the city, it seems like there are more people in shape than out of shape. You will see many daring people running in freezing weather. I watch them from the comfort of my heated car.
  • JasZor
    JasZor Posts: 1
    Options
    Cheese is the best! :)

Myprotein discount code: MP394651
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'm in Rogers Park
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Geneva - Fox Valley Area. Who needs a gym buddy??
  • RetiredNavy_CT
    RetiredNavy_CT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Northern burbs here, Lindenhurst which is next to Gurnee.