Eating clean.. Cleanse first?

Options
2»

Replies

• _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options

WTF is "iffy"? :huh:
    I believe she meant IIFYM: "If It Fits Your Macros".
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are pointless. Your body cleanses itself. Eating "clean" (whatever that means) is a fad that doesn't really do much. It's a new word to mean healthy, but really, everything in moderation.

You're sluggish and tired because you have a baby. How much sleep are you getting?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

WTF is "iffy"? :huh:
    I believe she meant IIFYM: "If It Fits Your Macros".

Which clearly shows she has no idea what the actual IIFYM philosophy is about. :noway: :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.. But for me, there is a world of difference in the way I feel when I eat healthier! I do not have weight to lose, and I am no longer nursing. I just feel like I have not been nourishing my body properly! When I eat healthier my energy level is through the roof! Yea.. If I follow iffy and stay within the caloric guidelines I do see results but when I eat more balanced and less trash I feel fabulous!
    Because I'm in a giving mood:

IIFYM is not about eating nothing but pizza and cupcakes. It's about balance -- eat mostly nutritious, healthy food, but if you want that random slice of pizza or a cupcake, don't deprive yourself.

It's really that simple.

"Clean eating" doesn't really mean anything. Everyone who does it follows different guidelines. It isn't actually a thing.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off the clean eating wagon!! I work out regularly.. Had a baby 10 months ago and it's time to get serious ;) I feel sluggish and tired. Will changing my diet alone help? Or do I need to cleanse myself? I've never done a cleanse. Thanks so much. Ready to feel great again ;)

Feeling sluggish and tired can be a side effect of parenthood or could be due to numerous other factors. You might consider talking to your doctor prior to making any plans for weight loss especially if you are nursing. Changing your diet from heavily processed foods to whole foods may help you feel more energetic. Some swear by cleanses while others say no. Cleanses can have negative consequences depending on the type of cleanse and duration. I don't see a need for a cleanse but that is entirely your choice. If you are nursing, you definitely do not want to do a cleanse but again, talk to your doctor.
  • jmv7117
    Options
    I have fallen off the clean eating wagon!! I work out regularly.. Had a baby 10 months ago and it's time to get serious ;) I feel sluggish and tired. Will changing my diet alone help? Or do I need to cleanse myself? I've never done a cleanse. Thanks so much. Ready to feel great again ;)

What do you need to cleanse yourself from? If your answer is "toxins" can you name one of these toxins? That's all hogwash to make you waste money. Your liver and kidneys do all of that work already.

DDT comes to mind as does a few other toxins. There is a link to the study in this article http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/detox-diets-cleansing-body-feature?page=2
  • jmv7117
    Options
    I take showers daily.

Those are good to do....

Apparently not good in Toledo and area at the moment. Folks are being warned not to take showers due to toxic bacteria in the water.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

What do you need to cleanse yourself from? If your answer is "toxins" can you name one of these toxins? That's all hogwash to make you waste money. Your liver and kidneys do all of that work already.

DDT comes to mind as does a few other toxins. There is a link to the study in this article http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/detox-diets-cleansing-body-feature?page=2

Please link to any studies that show a 'cleanse' will remove DDT when the body has not.

And lol. Did you even read the article you linked too?

I also can't find the link to the study - I've looked three times. :ohwell:
  • yodabear123
    Options
    What the hell is wrong with you people lol? I meant iifym! It was a simple typo! Geez!! I def know what it's about!! I came here for support. Wrong place apparently.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    What the hell is wrong with you people lol? I meant iifym! It was a simple typo! Geez!! I def know what it's about!! I came here for support. Wrong place apparently.

you got plenty of support - re-read the thread again.

:noway:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Apparently.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Your body is perfectly capable of removing toxins from your body and has done so very successfully since our inception. Focus on eating a well rounded diet while eating at a calorie deficit and you'll lose weight just fine.

I recommend IIFYM (if it fits your marcos) which means you at at a calorie deficit but also track your protein, fat and carb intakes per day.

Start heavy lifting to mitigate muscle loss while eating at a deficit. Bonus to heavy lifting is this will still improve strength and you'll love how you feel. After you lose the desired amount of weight you also need to realize your dream body isn't just hidden under the fat. You'll need to put on some muscle to get the look you really want. Doesn't matter male or female, heavy lifting rules.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You made the typo as well as seemingly are under the impression that IIFYM means eating nothing but junk food all the time, so ...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You fight for a righteous and noble cause, soldier.

ETA: Oh, and LOL@DDT. Can't wait for the cites to a dietary cleanse eliminating DDT from the body that wouldn't have otherwise been eliminated while still eating "normal" food.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Magnesium Citrate. For just one evening.

Congratulations. Cleansed.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

You fight for a righteous and noble cause, soldier.

ETA: Oh, and LOL@DDT. Can't wait for the cites to a dietary cleanse eliminating DDT from the body that wouldn't have otherwise been eliminated while still eating "normal" food.

They tried

They were wrong :laugh: