Not much to lose..

Options
I am only trying to lose about 15-20 lbs. I did have my goals set to 2lbs a week but would it be healthier for me to do 1-1.5lbs? I am not in a huge rush to lose the weight.

Replies

• mamaisis09
    Options
    I am trying to lose right around that same amount and my goals are at 1.5 a week to lose. I'm curious to see what others say...
  • thatklutzychick
    thatklutzychick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Personally, if I were you, I'd shoot for 1lb per week because it is easier to maintain at the beginning and turn the changes you make to your diet and lifestyle into habits. To lose 2 lbs a week, most people have to make significant changes to their eating and exercising habits, which can be challenging to sustain. As they say, slow and steady wins the race. I've found it's very true for weight loss too. Good luck!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I only had 20 lbs to lose when i started so I set my goal for 1 lb per week to ensure I had enough calories to eat with my Turbo Fire workouts.

Good luck!
    Sharon
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Yes, it would.

I started on MFP Sept 3rd with 15lbs to lose. 3 months later I have lost 14.4lbs and have my goals adjusted to lose 0.5lbs for the next few weeks just to taper to maintenance. If you exercise 4-6 times a week and eat most/all of your exercise calories, you should be at your goal by the end of Feb without too much difficulty.

Good luck.
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    thank you all! I adjusted to 1lb :)