SUBWAY Nutrition Facts

Options
Has anyone else noticed that their calorie information is a little...off? I am using their website to figure out the calories in a couple of different things as I am going there for lunch today. In building a salad I added lettuce, it added 100 calories! Since when is lettuce 100 calories?!?! It counted the spinach as 15 calories. I started to play around with different things....they counted american cheese as 10 calories. Anyone else notice this or find the numbers to be off? Or is it just me?

Replies

• leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Subway isn't as healthy as it seems but lettuce and spinach aren't worth that many calories. They also use reduced calorie cheese, a whole cheese square for them is like 45 calories, so the cheese doesn't sound as weird to me. Just eat your salad, it's the dressing that contains the calories.
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yeah they're not the best, but they are right next to my job and I am craving a salad. Their cheese is disgusting I was just surprised at their calorie count. Glad to know I'm not the only one who's noticed lol.
  • happyapathy
    Options
    Use this instead:

http://www.subway.com/Nutrition/Files/NutritionValues.pdf

A salad with lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers and olives is 50 calories–assuming your Subway does it "correctly" (most I've seen don't). That means 3 tomatoes, 3 pieces of onion, 3 peppers, 3 cucumbers and 3 olives. That's the way corporate wants them to do it, but most sandwich artists put more than that on everything. (Because they know the corporate rules are ridiculous. I used to work there and my boss was really strict about us following the corporate rules, so I seriously could only put 3 olives on a 6" at a time. I had some pissed customers).