Thoughts on a pollo-vegetarian diet

Options
Pollo-vegetarian(Polotarian): Someone who has a complete vegetarian diet with the choice of adding chicken but no red meat at all.

I have been one for my whole damn life. I am sick of people saying its not a real thing, if your so ****ing smart then go and look up the definition. I will prove your wrong *****! I run every morning and weight lift so I do need this diet for my health and I eat perfectly healthy.

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Ok?
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    oh my....
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So you want to be a vegetarian who eats meat?

Uhm, ok. Enjoy!
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I think I would miss steak.
    Yep, I thought about it, I would miss steak.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro?
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    So you want to be a vegetarian who eats meat?

Uhm, ok. Enjoy!

This.

Also, can I be a vegan who eats cheese?
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I think we can all be whatever we want. Why put labels on ourselves? If you want to eat vegetables and chicken, I am fine with that.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'm a carne-lacto-ovo vegetarian, personally.
  • kristine1671
    Options
    wow someone sounds hangry
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    In all honesty if someone told me they didn't eat meat except for chicken, I'd be like 'so...you're not a vegetarian you just don't like fish and red meat?'

Eat what you want. You don't need to label yourself. #veglyfe
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who didn't eat red meat for "moral reasons" so I told her she was a hypocrite because chickens and turkey get killed just as hard as cows and pigs.

She became a vegan.

Guess I got tol'
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I must be one of these too. Red meat is expensive and I can't cook fish. Identity crisis averted.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Pollo-vegetarian(Polotarian): Someone who has a complete vegetarian diet with the choice of adding chicken but no red meat at all.

I have been one for my whole damn life. I am sick of people saying its not a real thing, if your so ****ing smart then go and look up the definition. I will prove your wrong *****! I run every morning and weight lift so I do need this diet for my health and I eat perfectly healthy.

So you are an omnivore. Congratulations?

I really don't get why there has to be so many labels for how one eats. Why do you keep trying to define yourself by food or box yourself up with terms? Just doesn't make sense.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'm an Eatwhatchawantitarian.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You aren't a complete vegetarian because you eat chicken. Just call yourself an omnivore. It sounds less ridiculous.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Poultarian*

And yes, it's a real thing. It's how I weaned myself off of vegetarianism. I still mostly follow it. Why the anger, OP?

ETA: I stopped "identifying" as something when I stopped being vegetarian. You sound ridiculous when you say "I'm a poultarian," because people have to ask you what the flying spaghetti monster that means.

Just say you don't eat red meat.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing
  • cbusiness2010
    Options
    @ dbmata
    I'm a carne-lacto-ovo vegetarian, personally.

^^^^ This! Almost...
    I am a fish-carne-pork-lacto-ovo vegetarian.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    No such thing.
    Vegetarians do not eat meat. Chicken is meat. This is not complicated.
    You are, of course, free to call yourself whatever you like. You can call yourself Galactic Princess of McAwesomeville if you want to- it would be just as accurate as saying that you're a vegetarian.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I hear you. I am a carne-vegan and nobody seems to know much about that either. Someone who has a complete vegan diet with the choice of adding animal products and meat. I have been one my whole life as well. Maybe we should start a group or something.
This discussion has been closed.