Hello!

Options
Hey everyone. I'm new and just looking for some friends and encouragement. My 23rd birthday is tomorrow and I'm hoping to be 50 pounds less by my 24th one. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• sewist
    sewist Posts: 40
    Options
    I am also new and have a goal of 50 pounds shed in 2011! :)
  • RyanEli
    RyanEli Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome and happy birthday!
  • littledani21
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!! MyFitnessPal has been key to my success losing what I fondly referred to as "Baby Weight" even when my "Baby" was going on 2! Being a person that really loves food and can give in easily to temptation I found that by entering my food journal a day in advance helped keep me on track. Instead of getting up in the morning and going to the fridge not knowing what I was going to eat I already had a plan and it made it so much easier to avoid the donuts! Also, having someone hold you accountable is paramount. My cousin and I text eachother a picture of the scale every Monday morning. We also communicate what we ate for the day every night. If we have a craving for something we know we shouldn't have we call or text eachother so the other can help us avoid it. I don't know what your situation is but I have a husband you was raised in the south and is a total meat and potatos kind of guy. Veggies are not in his vocabulary. So, making two meals every night can be really tough. I've found that making the foundation of my meals a week at a time helps. I'll grill a few chicken breasts, make some brown rice, steam some veggies. That way all I have to do is heat them up and I'm ready to go!