Does this happen to anyone else

mccorml
mccorml Posts: 622 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
like i use to try and run and could only run like half a mile this year compared to 5 years ago when i ran a mile everyday like idk i guess i have a phobia of starting up again like when i used to run it was for tennis and it was structured and forced upon us but i was in awesome shape and now i dont even know where to start and should i start after insanity?

Replies

• mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    You should probably try C25K. It's free, just a nice little training program to get you to running a 5k in I think 10 weeks. It's starts off slow and in intervals. Their are apps for android and the iphone as well that make doing it great, with audio prompts when you need to walk or run.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    you can get free podcasts for the C25K as well. I'd definitely recommend it! I went from being a total non-runner to doing a 5K to doing a 10K all in a matter of like three months!
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    I`m doing it now. I`m starting week 4 tomorrow and totally recommend it.
  • I am trying to get back into running; I did a half marathon in 2009 and now after quitting running because of IT band inflammation, I feel pathetic. Tonight I am going to try an easy 2-3 miles, but always do intervals. I know Insanity will help a lot. You could run a couple times a week as well as do insanity, keep it slow and increase the length of your fast intervals while you decrease the length of slow jogging.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    I'm doing c25k right now too and it's a pretty good program. Google it, if it sounds interesting to you.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    One note about C25K - it's awesome, and I love it too, but if you're in decent shape (post-Insanity should be decent shape, right??) you might find it TOO easy. But skipping ahead to start in the middle is pretty easy :smile:
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    One note about C25K - it's awesome, and I love it too, but if you're in decent shape (post-Insanity should be decent shape, right??) you might find it TOO easy. But skipping ahead to start in the middle is pretty easy :smile:

Actually if you find it easy, just go to B210K. I'm on my 3rd round of P90X and I jumped right into it rather than C25K. "Bridge-to-10k". It's not hard at all to start. I think the first week is a 5 minute brisk walk, run for 3 minutes, then walk for 60 seconds, and repeat 5 times.
This discussion has been closed.