Bodymedia exercise logging Double dipping with mfp?

Options
I posted this in the bodymedia group but I kinda need to know ASAP and that group doesn't seem to be that active. So I'm posting it again here.

Do i log exercise on mfp still? Or do i log it into my BMF app or log nothing at all as long as i am wearing the armband while I'm exercising?

I don't want to double dip.

Thanks!!

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I don't log at all if I'm wearing that bmf band. No reason to, it should track that activity on its own. That's the point, yeah?
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    But double dipping is fun.
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't log at all if I'm wearing that bmf band. No reason to, it should track that activity on its own. That's the point, yeah?

yep, this. the body media band will import any extra exercise calories automatically if you have the apps connected, so you wouldn't separately log exercise.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't log on both. I wear a HRM for anything cardio-related, and record it through apps which sync with Bodymedia and MFP...so I set them to only sync with Bodymedia in order to avoid double dipping. I don't record lifting at all. I figure it technically doesn't burn that much extra anyway, and it's just bonus calories for my deficit.
  • Shannnabanana
    Shannnabanana Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!