zumba friends?!

Options
zilkah
zilkah Posts: 207 Member
Looking for zumba friends. I have done some zumba before and loved it, just joined a gym that has 14 classes a week, oh my god it's going to be so fun!

Trying to decide what weights to get for zumba toning. I am thinking 2.5lb weights to start out with, they sell the 1lb ones at the gym and 2.5 lbs,not sure if I should go with 1lb, was going to also try to find hand weights at walmart and save some money :)

What's your favorite song to zumba to?

Replies

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I wish my gym offered it more often :(. I try to go twice a week, but always make my Wednesday class. Love it!!

Not sure have a favorite song... They keep changing my routines on me though. Still love it though!,
  • Whiskey2206
    Whiskey2206 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Exhilerate cds at home and try to do an hour/day. Don't really have a favorite...I love them all.
  • shiningpotential
    Options
    I love, love, love Zumba. I've lost 19 pounds in just under two months with a Zumba-heavy exercise routine. I do Latin ballroom dancing, and Zumba gives me a chance to get my dance fix. I can go out dancing very often because I have a child and can't always get out. As for a favorite song? I really don't have one. I have favorite moves, though, although I wouldn't know what you'd call them. Lol.
  • Shauna2626
    Shauna2626 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm a total Zumba addict, and I wouldn't have it any other way! I was first introduced to Zumba in college, and since I graduated in June of last year I've been doing the video workouts and Xbox game since I didn't have a gym membership.
    However, I joined a local fitness center a few days ago and went to my first live Zumba class in over a year, and remembered how great it is!! (even though the video workouts are great too)
    I love most of the songs, but one of my favorites is Rain Over Me.

Any Zumba lovers out there, feel free to add me :-)
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!! Yeah I am finding it to be FUNNNN and such a good way to burn calories, I'm getting to my goals faster than I anticipated. I try my first zumba toning class next week :))
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Zumba junkie here!
  • louie61403
    louie61403 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Zumba is by far the most fun I have working out. I started taking classes in January and am addicted!!! I am a teacher and have been trying some new classes at my gym this summer but Zumba is my first love! I am trying to get my schedule all mapped out for once school starts cause that thing called work is about to cramp my workouts. Grrrr!

Please feel free to add me because I would love to have more Zumba friends!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Zumba junkie I do 3 classes a week would love to so more but scheduling doesn't allow it. I don't spend any time on cardio machines bc Zumba is so much more fun. I go to tues, thurs, and Saturday
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    We started doing Zumba about a month ago and love it! We've also started taking Drums Alive which is a lot of fun too, great music and getting your aggression out. Feel free to add me!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. You might want to start with the 1lb weights. I know they seem really light, but when you are doing songs that keep your arms up throughout the entire song, your shoulders will really start to burn. LOL