70 days on MFP

Options
Debtappe
Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
I went on my first diet 40 some years ago when I was 11 years old. My eating was monitored by my parents for the rest of the years that I lived with them. During the 1970's I was unsuccessful on Weight Watchers. In fact I couldn't stay on the program more than 3 weeks before I went back to my old eating habits. I spent years overeating and feeling guilty but I refused to try to diet again because I knew it would end in failure. Then my daughter found MFP and encouraged me to join. I joined last September. Since that time I have lost 6 pounds. My clothes are quite a bit looser. I have been exercising at least 3 to 4 times per week and sometimes 6 times per week.

Today I went to the doctor's office and the nurse took my blood pressure. 110 over 60-something. My doctor walked into the examining room and said "you have the blood pressure reading of a teenage girl. It felt so good to hear that. For the first time in over 30 years I have succeeded at weight loss and it's all due to the MFP site and, most importantly to the MFP Community.

You all are the best, on the days when I weighed in and hadn't lost anything you encouraged me to keep going, on days when I want to quit you challenge me to try harder, on days when I just need a kind word someone always has something nice to say.

Thank you everyone. I told my doctor about you and hopefully she will pass the information along to other patients of hers.

Replies

• deblu
    deblu Posts: 44
    Options
    Very touching story. Keep up the good work! I'm trying to get my mom to come on this site. I think I almost have her convinced:smile:
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on deciding to make a change. Keep working at it day by day.

BTW, your hamster is soooo cute=o)
  • alwardt
    alwardt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Your awesome blood pressure reading just goes to show that there are benefits to this healthy eating and exercise program beyond the bathroom scale. Way to go!
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    WTG!! Great story! Sounds like the perfect marriage of happy and healthy!!!
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Deblu: Tell her there are other middle aged ladies here, hehehe. I'm 50+ She can friend me.
  • sheaz85
    sheaz85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • deblu
    deblu Posts: 44
    Options
    I'll tell her!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!