I'm going to do this, healthy me here I come!

Options
Hello! I've been registered with MFP since 2011, but never really took it serious. Well I'm digging in and ready to get healthy so I thought now's a good time to introduce myself.

I'm 34, married to my high school sweetheart, and have 3 amazing kids. I work full time in an office, so lots of sitting :( I have never been thin in my entire life. I was a chubby kid and just got bigger and bigger each year. I think because I was always heavy, I just felt like this is me, and never really made changes. I always thought I'd just be the heavy one.

I've been feeling like I need to make a change for awhile now. I'd do some little changes here and there, but never really stuck with anything or even tried that hard. I started traveling for work and realized plane seats aren't that comfy when you're big. I started panicking that this trip is going to be the time the seat belt won't buckle. I also started noticing that the countries I was visiting weren't made for someone like me. I was feeling really self conscious and out of place.

Finally about a month ago, I walked by the mirror and saw myself. Not my internal image of myself, but the real deal, me in pictures self. I knew I needed to make a change. I was setting an awful example for my kids, heck I could barely keep up with them! I sat down with my husband and said I'm going to do this and I need you to push me if I start slacking. He kind of nodded and said he would, but my track record indicated I'd quite once it got a little hard and go back to my lazy mmmmm, that looks good I think I'll eat that, ways. I've started walking whenever I can and am doing T25 during the week. I'm tracking all of my calories and trying to stay within my goals every day. For the first time, this is not impossible to me. It's work, don't get me wrong, but it's feasible and that makes me soooo happy! My goal is to get to 160 lbs. That's 124 lbs to lose. I'm getting there, slowly by surely. It's an amazing feeling and I'm excited for the changes. Little did my husband know that the one doing the pushing would be me!

Replies

• cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just keep tracking EVERYTHING you eat and you'll do fine. You'll naturally course correct.
  • mbabate
    mbabate Posts: 3
    Options
    Good for you, taking control of your health that way! You have to start somewhere, and you've done that. Keep up the great work.
  • mbabate
    mbabate Posts: 3
    Options
    62 pounds! Nice job!