SIMPLE ~30 minute workout DVD

Options
BarbieAS
BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
I'm looking for a workout to do at home in the mornings before work. I have about 30, maybe a max of 40 minutes, and I'm somewhere between a beginner and intermediate level of fitness. Trouble is, I'm INCREDIBLY uncoordinated. Most cardio is useless for me because I can barely follow along. I need something very simple, in terms of steps. In the past I've used and enjoyed the Walk Away the Pounds videos, but I also know they can get boring so I'm looking for a backup to change things up with. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered Kelly Coffey-Meyer and love her DVDs! She has a whole collection of 30 minute workouts - excellent! She has one of her participants demonstrating modifications, which is helpful. She has one called "start here" and lots others.
    I am mixing those up with Walk Away the Pounds videos. Hope this helps!
  • fhttrs
    fhttrs Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    One obvious suggestion would be 30 Day Shred. There is cardio but literally only 6 minutes of it in the entire workout (usually around 28 minutes w/ warm up and cool down). And it's got levels so if you feel comfortable you can up the intensity. They also show you the modified versions of a lot of the moves to provide less impact.

I'm pretty uncoordinated and my balance is basically non-existent but I've been doing pretty well with it.
  • binibecca
    binibecca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is a good shout. I went through a phase of doing that each morning before work. I also have a few '10 minute solution' DVDs. Each one is made up of 5 ten minute work outs and you can programme the DVD to do which ever workouts you want in any order so you could just do 10 minutes or the full 50. There are loads of them to choose from and they were cheap on amazon.
    I am currently doing the C25K NHS podcasts 3 mornings a week- each one approx 30 mins and they are totally free!
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I totally forgot about 30 Day Shred - I actually own that but have never used it (le sigh), so that's a good choice! And I'll keep the other options in mind, too :). :flowerforyou: