I ate 3,002 calories today.

Options
13»

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    One day won't kill you. Log it and move on.
  • b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a
    b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I ate 3,308 yesterday, get on my level. :glasses:

Went from like 163 to like 165 I think. And that was probably just water weight from the spectacular 4000mg(mg right? who knows) of sodium I consumed. Not worried about it, and neither should you.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You've made numerous threads over the past few days and it looks like your not counting calories correctly (as you didn't have a good scale 2 days ago). Your not calculating exercise calories correctly according to another thread. You really need to just get the basics in place because from your threads it really doesn't sound like you know what you're doing (no offense meant)

Have a look at the sexy pants thread someone gave you the link for in another thread. Start with the basics get those correct and everything else will fall into place

Good luck

Oh. I wasnt aware. I can't even keep track of my own posts. Sometimes I remember OPs but this changes the entire context of how people might respond.

So my changed response to the OP is.....Stop doing this!!

People keep track of my posts better than I keep track of my own.

When you make a bunch of whacky posts you kind of start to stick out in people's minds.

There's nothing wacky about asking questions.

I didn't say asking questions was whacky.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    So 13,000 calories burned a week from exercise is insane. And you did a lot today almost 4 hours I would cut back why do you need 4 hours of exercise a day?

I'm trying to lose a lot of *muscle* quickly. I know that might not be recommended but that's my goal.

I fixed it for ya. You're well on your way.
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    How much did I mess myself up? Am I going to gain weight? Feel free to look at my food and exercise diary to get a better assessment.

Holy crap! You ate the exact same calorie count as I.
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I went to a party and over ate finger food. I easily consumed what you say you did.
    The scales didn't like it (I KNOW it was retention rather than weight gain), the scales took a week to get back to the pre binge numbers.
    Within a couple of days I dropped some more weight.
    Its nothing. Don't worry.
    I exercise regularly. 6 times a week. I listen to my body and if its tired I rest, I know if I am pushing to hard.
    Listen to your body.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Good heavens, what are you doing for exercise? I've gone road biking for 6+ hours before, and haven't burned nearly as many calories as you do every day.

Without knowing more about you, it's hard to answer your question in a helpful way. If you're really burning 2000+ calories every day with exercise, then even eating 3000 calories is incredibly low compared to what you probably need to get healthy.

I'm not sure if I'm really burning that much calories. I workout on the arc cybex for 2 hours. Then I walk 6 miles. I don't know if the calorie numbers are accurate. What would be a more accurate way of calculating the calories?

Buy a heart rate monitor. MFP and exercise machines significantly overestimate calories burned… so you likely are not burning 2000 calories a day through exercise.
  • cookieinbk82
    cookieinbk82 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    So 13,000 calories burned a week from exercise is insane. And you did a lot today almost 4 hours I would cut back why do you need 4 hours of exercise a day?

I'm trying to lose a lot of *muscle* quickly. I know that might not be recommended but that's my goal.

People really attack each other on here. Sad
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    You've made numerous threads over the past few days and it looks like your not counting calories correctly (as you didn't have a good scale 2 days ago). Your not calculating exercise calories correctly according to another thread. You really need to just get the basics in place because from your threads it really doesn't sound like you know what you're doing (no offense meant)

Have a look at the sexy pants thread someone gave you the link for in another thread. Start with the basics get those correct and everything else will fall into place

Good luck

Oh. I wasnt aware. I can't even keep track of my own posts. Sometimes I remember OPs but this changes the entire context of how people might respond.

So my changed response to the OP is.....Stop doing this!!

People keep track of my posts better than I keep track of my own.

When you make a bunch of whacky posts you kind of start to stick out in people's minds.

There's nothing wacky about asking questions.

There is about your entire approach

Honestly, start over - read the sexypants thread

There is what about my entire approach?

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Your approach is wacky...

You eat less than 1000 calories a day and yet workout for hours on end, then you binge up to 3000 calories. You're really doing yourself a disservice.

Read the sexypants thread. Weigh and log your food. Invest in a HR monitor to measure your exercise burns
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options

People really *abuse their bodies* on here. Sad

I fixed it for you.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I ate 3,091, I win.
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options

People really *abuse their bodies* on here. Sad

I fixed it for you.

:bigsmile: You could be right.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

People really attack each other on here. Sad

I can honestly say I don't think you're being attacked. You've apparently made a bunch of threads asking for help, have received sensible advice but want to ignore it. Then you think you're being attacked because people point out you've already asked for, and received help which you're ignoring.

One thing I love about MFP is that when you're doing something which does you more harm than good, you'll get told that. They don't give support to detrimental behaviour.

I think you need to look past the people telling you you're not doing it right and really look at why they're saying that. They honestly aren't being mean or attacking, they're trying to make the point that you seem to have some unhealthy attitudes to food and exercise and you're unhappy - or you wouldn't start threads asking for help.

No one should tell you you're doing fine when you're not. That's not support.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You're logging less than 1,000 calories most days, and posting 2,000+ exercise burns.

Where are you getting the exercise numbers? They seem really high.

Considering that your under eating most days, I wouldn't worry about the 3,000 calories today. Maybe set a more reasonable calorie deficit so this doesn't happen as often in the future.

I get the exercise numbers from MFP. I don't know how accurate those numbers are but I do work out a lot.
    The MFP database is notorious for overestimating calorie burns.

That said, it's just one day.