Finally Below 400 !!

Options
Sparing the long and teary back story, we all have them. I found myself finally seeing a nutritionist at 437 lbs I decided it was time to work on me for the first time in my life. I set a reaching goal on 9/7/14 when I joined MFP. I wanted to be under 400 lbs on my birthday (08/04)I stuck to my guns and did my workouts everyday, stuck to my meal plans and for 21 days i have been here posting ( not once going over) I am happy to say that for the first time in 8 or so years im under 400 lbs and i did it by my birthday. Probably the best present i have ever gotten myself. My pain levels are way down and i am able to push harder every day, more than that i am starting to enjoy life with my girlfriend again. Getting out, walking doing things as opposed to me waiting in the car on the phone with her while she was in the store because i couldn't walk around. I have dropped 38 lbs in 27 days. Now I have a new aggressive target. I want to be 299 by next year same time. My nutritionist thinks I can do it and so do I. I normally don't post and I don't want to come off as bragging but I was so happy this morning i had to come on here and share. For the longest time i read articles and personal posts that said I did it or lost 100 + lbs. I never thought i could do it. 38 down 140 more to go. Currently i am 32 years old 6 ft and 398.6 lbs. " it feels allot better to say im 3 and change...alot of change lol but still below 400. Thank you for taking the time to read this and to anyone just starting out who thinks there is no hope to loose 200+ lbs friend me and lets do this together. Anyone else looking to motivate each other and share success stories feel free to add me as well.
Thanks MFP community for helping me along this journey so far.

Replies

• julie2407
    julie2407 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and brag. You're awesome:)
  • wstrnboots
    Options
    Congratulations! That is an incredible accomplishment and you have a lot to be proud of.

And Happy Birthday too!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! And with your new positive outlook, you can totally drop another 100 over the next year - you've got this!!
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I know you can and will do it! Making it a habit is the key and by logging everyday you're doing it. Congrats on changing your life--you'll be amazed at how great you feel as the weight comes off.

Happy Birthday!!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Happy, happy birthday and congratulations!!!!
  • iamuniqueiam
    iamuniqueiam Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! I'm sure you'll reach your next target as well. Congrats!
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Every journey starts with a single step. You have already taken so many!! Great work. You are inspiring!
  • arnostbilej
    Options
    Congratulations and Happy Birthday!
  • brandnewsnickerpuss
    brandnewsnickerpuss Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! :)
  • brianhendirx
    brianhendirx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yea bro, brag away. Looking forward to some more bragging from you in the future.
  • bctr2013
    bctr2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great! Thank you for "bragging." You are an inspiration.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'd be bragging about that if I lost that much weight! Congrats! I'm sure you feel a lot better now too. Great to see you're setting goals and setting out to achieve them! Good luck, I'm sure you can hit 299 next year if you stick with it!
  • rebecca_row
    rebecca_row Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome job..keep going :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    good stuff
  • GardenGirlICT
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep us posted!
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Go for it. It's entirely possible for you to reach that goal!
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! :flowerforyou: Congrats on your great result!:drinker: I look forward to seeing your update posts as you progress.
  • MariaLL1
    Options
    THAT is a great birthday present. Congratulations :happy:
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    That's isn't bragging, that is just stating the facts! You are awesome. Look at it this way, you have lost almost 10% of your weight! That is a real achievement. You will meet your next goal with no problem! Happy Birthday!
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    thats what I call an inspiring brag! keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!