Who do you think has it worse: overweight guys or girls?

Options

Replies

• baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Well this should be interesting
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    girls. you can be a heavy dude and still pull a hot girl. doesnt work the other way around.

Really glad this ^ hasn't been true in my experience.

But I agree with everyone who has said it's very hard for both sexes, but women have a tendency to be harder on themselves and each other regarding excess weight.
  • ShannonS921
    Options
    Women are worse on themselves than guys will ever be. It must suck to be an overweight girl because most guys won't obsess over it like most women can.

I agree with this. I think women have it worse because of their own minds and other women. I think we judge each other far too much, but don't judge men nearly as harshly - in my opinion. I am extremely judgmental of myself, much more than any men that I have known personally...
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    girls. you can be a heavy dude and still pull a hot girl. doesnt work the other way around.

"hot" is completely subjective.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    subjective question is subjective.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Girls.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Let's see how far the PPPM can go today. Please tell me how so very awful things are for you. Much worse than the next person, of course!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Girls.

- to do the dishes. Girls - to clean up my room. Girls - to do the laundry. Girls - and in the bathroom.
  • MyRummyHens
    MyRummyHens Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think women have it hardest on anything which comes down to aesthetics. We are judged by men, judged (often even more harshly) by women, and we are terrible for beating ourselves up. Men tend to be less judged and far more pragmatic about themselves.

To be fair, it doesn't really matter what size you are as a woman, there will always be loads of people who think you are too fat, too thin, have too much muscle, lacking muscle tone, boobs too big, boobs too small, waist wrong ratio to hips, *kitten* to big/small/saggy/round etc, and often all at the same time. It would never matter how perfect you looked because 'perfect' is so subjective there will always be a chunk of people ready to pick holes.
  • Shan_Lindsay
    Shan_Lindsay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think both genders face their own issues when overweight, but in the end I'd say girls have it worse.

Guys probably experience a lot of bullying/jokes about it from their peers/friends. Girls probably get it worse from themselves and strangers who feel as though they are entitled to say something about the girls weight.

There are a lot of women who love bigger guys, they see them as a "teddy bear" or what have you. Men aren't as open to overweight women.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Girls.

- to do the dishes. Girls - to clean up my room. Girls - to do the laundry. Girls - and in the bathroom.
    that's all I really want is......two at a time I want.....with new wet hair do's \m/
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I think it can be just as bad either way.

As an overweight woman, I never had much issue because I really couldn't give a crap.
    I know overweight men, and just because they don't talk about it as much, doesn't mean they dont deal with the same comments, insecurity, trouble getting dates, etc. that I did. I think women are just more prone to sharing about it. There's a stigma against men in our society opening up.

-shrug- But I don't know really. I've never been an overweight man.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Girls.

that's all I really want is......two at a time I want.....with new wet hair do's \m/
    Squirrels,
    All we really are is Squirrels,
    We're being hunted we are Squirrels,
    We are appealing we are Squirrels,

We want to gather nuts,
    But, people splatter our guts,
    When they're on a country drive,
    It isn't easy to survive,

Just the other day,
    I saw a squirrel get blown away,
    They served him on a dinner tray,
    They baked him into a souffle,
    Squirrel season opens up today,
    If you're a squirrel run away,
    I don't know what else I should say,
    Please call the A.S.P.C.A.

Fur coats from us are made,
    Fur is nice but, I like suede,
    They scrape our fur off with a blade,
    And never bother with first aid,
    We squirrels really like to play,
    And we like to catch some rays,
    Please don't kill us this we pray,
    We're cute and harmless anyway,

Squirrels!,
    We're not delicious,
    Squirrels!,
    We are not racoons,
    Squirrels!,
    Don't live in palm trees,
    Squirrels!,
    are in your bathrooms!

Squirrels!,
    That's all we really are is squirrels,
    Isn't it fine I am a squirrel,
    Please help us save us,
    We are squirrels!,

I wanna whip out my, squirrel!
    Squirrels!,
    Squirrels!,
    Squirrels!,
    Squirrels!,
    Squirrels!,
    Squirrels!,
    Squirrels!,
    Squirrels!,
    Squirrels!,
    Squirrels!,
    SQUIRRELS!
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    What about people that identify as werewolves?! Check your privilege.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can choose one over the other. I've been thin, and I've been fat - I didn't have a hard time being fat. No one was ever mean to me and I never hated myself. I know plenty of men and women who had a hard time for different reasons.

I think it depends on the person, not their gender. Some people don't let things bother them that other people will - and in life "having it worse" is totally subjective and depends on how you face challenges and how you treat yourself.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    its not fair to have to pinpoint whos worse. we all need help
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    No thought required, girls.
    Guys, while we have the pressure to look good, we can still get dates easily as larger men, etcetc. Girls on the other hand are expected to maintain a great body, and if you don't you are fat. I myself hold my girls to that standard (I like slender girls can;'t help it) and would even fight to keep them skinny.... but that same pressure has never really been pushed on me from the same girls.

I think as a whole, men in this regard have it easier. We can also lose easier.
  • 13Elimin8
    13Elimin8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Men - a strong majority of women have a very specific view of what a guy should look like.

When it comes to girls, there is almost always a guy who is into your body type.
  • jld11050
    Options
    As a fatguy I can tell you its kind of both.Datingwise - overweight women have tons of admirers - 1000's of websites devoted to people that love them. guys? Not too many dig a guy with manboobs. Soceity wise women have it harder since media is always pushing what is considered beauty and all too often is thin ( my personal preference is a woman with curves but more importantly a wicked sense of humor)