Healthy Cookies and other desserts

Options
sundinsgurl
sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
Figured we could start a topic with some great dessert recipes to share with eachother that we could use during the holidays to make some baked goods for company or those cookie exchanges we may be involved in

Cookies, cakes, bars, anything else would be awesome :)

Replies

• sundinsgurl
    Options
    Peanut Butter Cookies

1-Cup Peanut Butter
    2-Eggs
    1/4- Cup Flower
    1 1/3- Cup Of Splenda Brown Sugar
    1 tsp- Vanilla flavoring

Mix all ingredients together. Spoon into balls about the size of a walnut. Place on cookie sheet. Press Down with fork.

Bake at 350 degrees.
    for 9-10 minutes

Serving 1 Cookie//Total Servings 42

Calories-72
    Fat-3g
    Sat.- .6g
    Poly.- .03g
    Mono.-.09g
    Choletrol-10mg
    Sugar-6.5g
    Carb-8g
    Protein-2g
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Ice cream sandwiches
    Take 2 chocolate graham crackers- spoon a few scoops of Lite Cool Whip in between (dont remember...does it come in just lite or fat free? anyway- pick whatever you want! lol) ....wrap it up in aluminum foil, and FREEZE!!! Make a whole bunch at a time so they are ready when you are....and they seriously taste like a real ice cream sandwhich!!! Just without all the guilt!!! :) Enjoy~

Strawberry Cheese Bites

1 (8 oz.) Package Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
    1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
    2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
    44 Medium Strawberries, whole
    1/2 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs

In a small mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth and creamy, set aside. Using a paring knife, hollow out the top of each strawberry to a depth of approx. 3/4 an inch. Gently fill each with cream cheese mixture using a pastry bag just slightly above the tops. Place them on a cookie sheet(s) as you do this. Once all of the strawberries are filled, dip each top into the graham cracker crumbs and place back onto the cookie sheet(s). Place the cookie sheet(s) into the refrigerator and leave them for a few hours or over night to completely chill.

Serves: 11 (4 each)
    Per Serving: 65 Calories; 1g Fat (10.4% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 136mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 1
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump!!!
  • clo49
    clo49 Posts: 894
    Options
    Yummmmmmmm!
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    Options
    Spice Cookies
    Here is a simple recipe from the WW's camp that makes really good cookies that are loaded with antioxidants because of the pumpkin used instead of eggs and oil.

1 box Duncan Hines spice cake mix
    1 can pumpkin

Mix well and drop by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet coated lightly with Pam spray. bake at 350 degrees for about 27 min's. this usually makes 19 to 20 cookies @ about 125 calories per cookie.
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just made those peanutbutter cookies...EXCELLENT! I had use regular brown sugar instead of the other stuff, so a little more extra calories. I also halved it, so that I wouldn't eat as many :)

Thanks!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    This cheesecake is ALWAYS well received: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000000224920

It's from Cooking Light, but it's still cheesecake...

Also: Cooking Light's Tiramisu Anacapri gets snarfled up when I bring it to a function.... and it's not as bad as regular tiramisu....

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000000249960
  • Steebs3
    Steebs3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Kelly2708
    Options
    Why does everyone reply "bump" ? What is that?
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It allows you to come back later and find the thread easily. It places it under the "My Topics" link.
  • bsweettt
    Options
    bump!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    bump!
  • catstruman
    Options
    bump
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    bump! cant wait to try the peanut butter cookies..haha halving it is good idea!
  • DianaConner
    Options
    bump
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I want to go home and make all of these tonight!!!

Here are a few recipes I found on here the other day:

FAT FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES – 66 CALORIES EACH

• 1/4 cup of brown sugar
    • 1/4 cup of applesauce
    • 1 tsp. of baking soda
    • 2/3 cup of flour
    • 1/2 tsp. of salt
    • 1/2 cup of raisins/chopped ginger/choc chips
    • vanilla extract
    1. Preheat oven to 375F or 180 degrees C
    2. Cream sugar and applesauce. add in egg white and vanilla extract and whisk further.
    3. Sift flour with baking soda and salt .
    4. Add sifted ingredients to applesauce mixture and stir until smooth.
    5. Add your combo of mix ins, i added chopped crystalized ginger, chocolate chips and raisins.
    6. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet, spacing the cookies 1 to 2 inches apart.
    7. Bake about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
    Makes 11 cookies at 66 calories each.

PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES

These little guys are about 35 calories apiece. Just grab one or two to take the edge off.

1/2c. peanut butter
    1/2c. oatmeat
    1/4c. honey
    1 egg
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon
    dash salt

Preheat oven to 325. Use parchment or Silpat if you can, peanut butter burns easily. Otherwise, check bottoms often.

Mix together all ingredients.
    Place by teaspoon onto cookie sheet about 1" apart. Press with fork to slightly flatten.
    Bake for 7-9 minutes, checking bottoms often.

80 CALORIE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 cup. brown sugar
    1/4 cup. butter melted ( cooled )
    1 egg white
    1 cup. flour
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 chocolatechips
    1tsp. vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

Mix all ingredients well combined and drop by teaspoons on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Counting out 26cookies. Add just a splash of water if needed to make dough stick togethr
    Bake at 350 for 8 to 11 minutes
    26 servings 80 cals each

I haven't tried them yet, but they all sound good! Thanks to all the original posters of these 3 recipes!!!