Watching TV While Doing Cardio

Options
Lovin' it.

I used to work out at LA Fitness, which requires you to tune-in to a certain radio frequency to hear the TV. Needless to say, I never bothered gathering the hardware to make that happen.

I now work out at a small local club up in North Scottsdale and each cardio machine (treadmill, bikes, ellipticals) has its own TV that simply requires plugging in headphones.

I have to say that 90 minutes of strain never felt so good! It makes the time go by more quickly and I get to catch up on the latest talking-head commentary on the news.

Just thought I would share the awesomeness of TV while working out with you all. :glasses: :bigsmile:

Replies

• mattblancarte
    Options
    Lovin' it.

I used to work out at LA Fitness, which requires you to tune-in to a certain radio frequency to hear the TV. Needless to say, I never bothered gathering the hardware to make that happen.

I now work out at a small local club up in North Scottsdale and each cardio machine (treadmill, bikes, ellipticals) has its own TV that simply requires plugging in headphones.

I have to say that 90 minutes of strain never felt so good! It makes the time go by more quickly and I get to catch up on the latest talking-head commentary on the news.

Just thought I would share the awesomeness of TV while working out with you all. :glasses: :bigsmile:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My gym at UNLV has the same option: t.v. with full cable on a select number of treadmill/ellipticals or watch one of the monster sized televisions on the wall.

It's great when you're there for prime television time but I was watching television on the elliptical last Saturday around 2pm and it was horrible. I couldn't handle watching any more daytime t.v so I just jumped off the elliptical and went home.

It's great when something is actually on TV :)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I don't have the money to join a gym, so what I do is dance for a half hour in my living room (to a fast, oldies CD that my husband made for me) while watching tv. I either watch stuff that I've taped, or just whatever's on. Watching tv is alot less boring, plus it makes the time go alot faster, don't you think?!!!
  • turtle
    turtle Posts: 49
    Options
    Tv does really help pass the time when working out. I typically hate everything cardio so I bought myself a gazelle machine and I'll get on it with a movie playing and the time will just fly by.
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It is great when they are tuned to a channel you like. Military gyms aren't so nice as to get the equip with the tv built in, it is espn, espn2 and whatever sports channels there are. I love it at home though.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    The other night I tried to run while watching Last Comic Standing - BIG MISTAKE!! I came very close to laughing myself right off the machine!!!

the TV is the best thing to happen to all of us Non-Couch Potatoes!!!! :laugh: :laugh: