my favorite button on this website

Options
Does anyone else absolutely love the "if everyday were like today, in 5 weeks your would weigh..." button. I find it so motivating. it helps me see the effort will, indeed, pay off. Makes a thinner future seems like a reality already. Kind of like Holidays that roll around each year. There gonna get here, you just have to wait for the time to pass. I know I am going to get to my goal, just have to bide my time till the calendar rolls by.
I also like to use it as damage control. sort of an if I eat this, what will my future look like verses if I make a better choice.

Replies

• ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I get mad at myself in the morning if I forgot to hit it the night before lol. I know it's just a estimation, but I still like to see it!
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I like that button too. We call it "closing the day".

I wish it would average out the last seven days though and say, "if every week were like the last, you would weigh...".
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    how strange I was only thinking the same last night when I finished for the day and it gave me the message and today you have started a post about it.

I have to agree with the point about if it would average out the week - would be very useful :-)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining now, but I remember that back when I was losing weight, when I consistently followed the recommendations, my weight would "magically" match MFP's predictions, month after month. Not sure if it works for everyone that way, but it was amazingly accurate for me. :smile:
  • mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes. I love this button. Except for today it made me depressed because I ate some less favourable foods for dinner.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

I wish it would average out the last seven days though and say, "if every week were like the last, you would weigh...".

Me too.

I also don't find it very accurate prediction based on just the day. But it's still a fun feature, nevertheless. Though I don't really use it anymore.

My favorite button is the weight graph in the reports tab. :)
  • mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh I love the weight graph. I love seeing the downward trend even if I've gone up that day. I way daily for lots of data points.
  • jlc041979
    jlc041979 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love that button too! It's very motivating!
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm always interested to see what it says but I don't pin any hopes on it, as my intake can vary a fair bit day to day with a bigger deficit on exercise days and usually going over by some at the weekends. I too would like it if there was an 'if every week was like this' option.

One day last week I was using the phone app and managed to hit the complete button by mistake for the following day when I hadn't even logged any food for that day. MFP still told me what I would weigh in 5 weeks' time - so now I know that if I ate nothing at all for 5 weeks I would weigh about 20lbs less! :huh: