An experiment....with getting the scale to move!

Options
Anybody on a plateau? It seems once plateauing individuals become more restrictive and feel they need to exercise more. I decided to do the opposite.

I spent the last 3 weeks at the same weight 163.4 - 164.6 So....I weighed myself on Thursday 164.4.(not such a surprise):yawn:

Then starting Friday I:
1) increased my caloric and carb intake for 3 DAYS, I kept my sugar intake the same. I deliberately ate over the caloric limits!

2) Then I decreased my carbs and I ate til I was full just a little under my allowed caloric intake. I kept my sugar intake the same. For 2 DAYS.

I stepped on the scale today (Tuesday, AM) drum roll: 162.4.

Now I'm going back to my normal eating regimine and see if the weight loss continues....

I will post again in 1 week!!! Did I continue to go down, go back up, stay the same!!! The intrigue!!:noway:

OH AND I'M NOT LOOKING FOR ADVICE, JUST RELATING AN EXPERIMENT THAT I'M TRYING FOR MYSELF. :blushing:

Replies

• saychzzz
    saychzzz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Let us know how it works! I hit a plateau a few weeks ago and it was rough. I'd love to know if you break through it with your plan. good luck!!
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    thats usually how i break my plateau! :D
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I had a 1 lb loss last weigh in after having higher numbers for a few weeks before. So last week i took a few days off of working out and ate well for 3 days (mostly because it was thanksgivig lol) and I stepped on the scale for my weekly weigh in today and BAM 5lb loss! I am thinking that every few weeks I will do this and see what happens as well! Good luck!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Yep -- please let us know how it turns out. Good luck.
  • flynabster
    Options
    I'll be curious to see too.....I gained two pounds the first two weeks I was here....