2 small, but exciting successes

Options
SO I just wanted to share my excitement real quick about two things.

I started MFP Exactly a month ago and I've noticed some exciting things, but a quick story first. I spent pretty much all summer in bed with hardcore mono (EBV) and then after that pnuemonia. I also dropped a TON of weight during this time period, only to have it all come back as soon as I got my appetite back (of course)

Well I can proudly say that today I weigh less than my lightest day when I was sick, and I am perfectly healthy now. Not a ton of pounds, but I'm psyched about it.

2nd success: My skin looks fabulous! Now, I didnt have horrible skin to start out with, but I get the occasional breakout and redness, but since I started MFP and really tracking my food and particularly water, my skin looks super fantastic! Has this happened to anyone else? Is the extra water helping, the extra exercise or both? Either way I LOVE it!

Have a healthy day!

Replies

• danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Great job with conquering that weight loss! On the water thing, I've been told and heard that water makes skin look stunning, so keep it up and you'll stay beautiful! :-)
  • amysambora
    Options
    Congratulations, this is really inspiring to hear! I had mono a few years ago, and, just like you, I lost heaps of weight due to not eating then gained it all back plus more. My goal is to get to just below my lowest weight in a HEALTHY way - just like you've done!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Aww girl! I'm so happy for you! That is so incredibly exciting! You know its going to stick because of your heart work and dedication. And what an amazing bonus of clear skin!!! Congratulations hunny!!! :o)
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    So happy to hear these things :) my skin has definetely cleared up a lot... Of course I get the odd zits here and there if I have a few treats/too much sugar. Congratz on a healthy weight loss
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!