30 day shred challenge (December)

Options

Replies

• edinphx
    edinphx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Did day 4 last night and can actually say I'm not that sore this morning. shoulders are still weak but getting
    stronger. Also was able to move the belt down a notch this morning!
    good luck fellow shreaders and remember "it doesn't come for free!"
    Ed
  • edinphx
    Options
    made it through day 5 level 1 last night. strength is starting to appear it wasn't too bad doing the exercises.
    ED
  • edinphx
    Options
    *tap tap* hello is this thing on?

finished day 6 level 1 felt really strong throughout. first time I've done it without
    being on the bike for 30 min.

Ed
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    off topic, ,but where did you get the dancing girl?
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    off topic, ,but where did you get the dancing girl?

I nicked it of someone else!!!

dance1.gif

Think that's the code, just copy and paste it to your signature, but change IMG at either end to lower case!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    thanks looby1968 loving it..level 1 day 5 done
  • looby1968
    Options
    UUUUURRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue: Day 1, Level 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Planks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How I managed to complete half of them I don't know?:noway: Still, I will NOT be beaten by that woman!
    Day 2 tomorrow and then a rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pparker2214
    pparker2214 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm officially 9 weeks post-partum! I started the 30 day shred last week and had to take a few days off so my legs could re coop. Love the work out. I'm sticking with Level 1 until it becomes easy. I think I'm going to do it every other day and walk on the treadmill in between. So far so good. :)
  • jhenning11
    Options
    im in on this challenge, i want to lose 16 lbs by feb 1, im getting married on feb 19 and i want to have a flatter stomach, i am also doing the 14 day acai berry cleanse and using the xcedrine ultra fruit punch drink mixes im hoping to loose some weight this week
  • edinphx
    Options
    level 1 day 7 done - felt really good throughout the workout

Ed
  • looby1968
    Options
    Level 2, day 2: hmmmmm... Not very good. The plank moves just weren't happening for me!!!!! Still, hoping for better on Thursday!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I am going to do Jillian Michaels Making the Cut. I need to change things up so I am going to follow that for a while. It has been a long time since I have done it. I am interested to see how I do :-)
  • edinphx
    Options
    level 1 day 8 done last night. can really feel the change in strength after a
    8 days. not much soreness today at all.

Ed
  • looby1968
    Options
    My 30DS has come to a standstill. Managed day 2, level 2 (badly) but I'm now deciding if I have a chest infection. Feel like I've been whacked on the ribs with a plank of wood!
  • drduggins
    drduggins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    is the 30 day shred the workout by Jillian Michaels? I have 20-25 pounds to go to my goal, hoping to get there by my 5th wedding anniversary in feb, I am looking for anything and everything to help me get there.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    30 Shred or any dvd doing circuit training using weights should not be done everyday! DO it everyother day doing either her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism dvd or interval cardio training in between. IF you do Shred everyday you will be more likely to over train and get injured :-)

I'm agreeing with this!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 1 - DID IT. Not too bad. Legs and top of triceps kind of shaky. By the end of the evening I am sooooo sore.
    Day 2 - Oh boy do I hurt. I don't think I'm doing it today. (Didn't do anything that day)
    Day 3 - Still sore but DID IT. Was rough but got bad intestinal cramping that lasted about 15 mintues after (I have IBS so it could be just me)
    Day 4 - Skipped. Had other things come up and couldn't do my exercises. Not as sore though.
    Day 5 - DID IT. I had just finished a cardio part and got down on the floor to do the abs and my head started throbbing out of the blue. I stopped and let it subside and went back to it.
    Day 6 - Might hop on the treadmill or try one of her other DVDs.
  • looby1968
    Options
    is the 30 day shred the workout by Jillian Michaels? I have 20-25 pounds to go to my goal, hoping to get there by my 5th wedding anniversary in feb, I am looking for anything and everything to help me get there.

Yep, it the 'evil' Jillian!!!!!

I've had to cut short my 30DS! NOooooooooooo! Managed 2 days on level 2 and now I have sore ribs! :mad:
    I so want to get through level 2. Hopefully back on it next week.

How's everyone else doing???
  • edinphx
    Options
    made it through level 1 day 9 last night - felt pretty strong even though I ate like crap for dinner
    and rode the stationary bike right before the workout. Looking forward to level 2
    to change it up a bit.

Ed
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to start? I just did Level 1 today. :smile: What a workout!!

Day 1 - Body was shakey after finishing.
  • looby1968
    Options
    Is it too late to start? I just did Level 1 today. :smile: What a workout!!

Day 1 - Body was shakey after finishing.

Absolutely not at all. We welcome you! It's just a silly challenge. If you don't finish it, I won't punish you!!!
    I've had to stop, I've got sore ribs, but I'm hoping to get back to it next week (I've had lots of stops and starts, so I've been on Level 1 for at least 2 months!!!!).