are the calories you burn accurate?

Options
so yesterday i did 45min of cardio. when i went to track it, it said that i burn 524 calories! i do not believe this. now when i use the treadmill i go
by the calories listed there, but again who knows if that is correct. now i usually don't eat the calories back so i just let the number stay there and make sure i do not go over my daily intake,( if i do i know that i worked out that day so i have that in the back of my mind.) any thoughts and suggestions. :)

Replies

• krystie99
    krystie99 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor (Polar F6) with a chest strap so it takes all the guess work out. Found mine on ebay for a really good price.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    HRM is the say to go, in the absence of one you may want to eat only half of the calories the treadmill or MFP states just to be safe.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM
  • butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same situation when working out on Wii Tennis. No way it's possible I burned 200 calories in half an hours play! I plan on investing in a HRM, as others have suggeested.
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor (Polar F6) with a chest strap so it takes all the guess work out. Found mine on ebay for a really good price.

Takes all the guess work OUT!/ The number produced by the HRM is only guesswork itself!