Struggling to meet my daily calories

Options
2»

Replies

• crissy976
    crissy976 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't completely avoid fat. Just trans fat.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the Herbalife and eat real food.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling to meet my daily calories

How did you become overweight then? (Not that it's my opinion you're overweight. Just simply a conclusion drawn by the fact your ticker indicates you wish to lose weight.)

This is the gaining weight forum. Poster said they were trying to gain weight. :noway:
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling to meet my daily calories. Is there such a thing as low fat/high protein/high calorie foods? And if so, what are they?

low fat is a horribly way to live. Worst fad diet to happen to this country.

Why are you eating low fat?

Eat ice cream and oreo's.

And all the chicken eggs and veggies you can stomach.

I 2nd this post+++
  • christylynn1026
    Options
    Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein comes in an unflavored version that I really like. It's a Vegan protein, which probably isn't a concern, but it never hurts! You can get it on amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031JK96C/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_ROJ6tb1116X3E
  • kynsie2
    kynsie2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I too, have a hard time meeting my calorie goals. :(
    I'm pre diabetic so no extra sugars no junk food, processed food is out.
    Low carb and more protein is what I was told.
    No ice creme, cookies all the good stuff.
    My 2 favorite foods are gone, potatoes and bananas.
    Very boring meals and no good tasty stuff any more.
    I switched to whole grain bread because white bread is suppose to be so bad for you and then I was told, that's not good for me either!
    How do you gain on limited fruits (sugar) and veggies!!
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    1) Fat is not bad for you.
    2) Fat doesn't make you fat.
    3) Eat more fat.
    4) Read more about healthy diets, preferably from the past 10-15 years. (All that anti-fat propaganda from the '80s has been totally disproved.)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling to meet my daily calories

How did you become overweight then? (Not that it's my opinion you're overweight. Just simply a conclusion drawn by the fact your ticker indicates you wish to lose weight.)

This is in the gaining weight forum.

Actually stated in her profile that she is trying to lose weight, maybe she put it in the wrong forum.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever seen a unflavored protein powder though. The two powders I have are choco-crap and choco-slime.

*coffee through nose*. however . . . i have found unflavoured whey protein powder, and maybe i got a bad brand but you might want to give it a miss. the choco-crap and choco-slime are in there on purpose, to cover up the faint but unavoidable 'pre-barfed for your convenience' taste of the plain stuff.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Eat a Snickers Bar.........yum.
  • bjg2993
    bjg2993 Posts: 107
    Options
    Eat some cake... I sure wish I struggled to meet my target every day!

Anyway, seriously: Stop eating low fat foods for one, it's not helpful to your weight loss whatsoever.

Eggs. Lean meat. Lentils. Nuts, nuts and more nuts. Cheese. Or some yoghurt if you fancy something sweet. Calorie dense, tasty and good protein sources. Throw in some fresh fruit, veg and good grains there and you're set for the day.

And if you still struggle you're either not doing it right or lying to yourself, especially if you're eating at a significant deficit.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    protein shakes, almonds, greek yogurt When I struggle to reach calories I cut out low fat foods. I just watch portions and then I don't need the low fats.