How did you come up with your screenname?

Options

Replies

• jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Millions of years ago when we first got net access & I was doing a computing qualification we were told never use our real ID's on line. Our first attempt to dial-up I had to think of of an alta-ego PDQ so I used the name of the girl that had just cut my hair, cos I liked her & her name :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    A nickname given to me my first year in the navy cause I looked like sculley off of the x files
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Mine is one of the names of the goddess Venus/Aphrodite, because as the myth goes, she was born off the shore of Cythera. I'm a Classics scholar and I've always liked the name Cytherea, even though Athena/Minerva is actually my favorite goddess. I've used it as a screenname in a few places over the years.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    First 4 letters of my first name and last name backwards.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Mine is after one of my favorite Arthurian legends. The lily maid of Astolat, Elaine the Fair, the Lady of Shalott...all names for the same woman. It is also based upon my favorite poem by Tennyson and favorite series of paintings by John William Waterhouse.
  • Mommymeganx2
    Options
    I'm a mom
    my name is megan
    and i have twins [the x2]
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Meanness is what my ex-husband used to call me (he meant it in the nicest possible way) and 67 is the year I was born.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I am a complete computer nerd hence the binary. I love the malevolence of clowns and jesters...plus I crack a joke once and a while
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I am a complete computer nerd hence the binary. I love the malevolence of clowns and jesters...plus I crack a joke once and a while
    Plus, there are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Anjy is short for Angela (my name) and then Miss
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I saw an ad in Rolling Stone some years ago for a punk band called "NY Doll," and although I'm not into punk music, the ad was really cool. I thought NY Doll had a good ring to it and I was also in love with NYC at the time. So I have used that name in several places. But I actually live in MI.
  • My first name + go + my favorite hockey team
  • heatypablo
    Options
    My first name is Heather and my close friends call me Heat or Heaty. One time my friend called me Heaty Pablo because at that time there was a popular rapper Petey Pablo and its stuck since.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much my "usual" online alias, I'm 1/4 Cherokee native and have been using an email address with "cherokeebabe22" in it since I was around 16.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

:bigsmile:
  • jddaberry
    Options
    Mine is a culmination of my families initials of their fist names and our last name
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My first name + go + my favorite hockey team

... too bad bout your team....
  • punkrawkcutie
    Options
    Mines one of 2 nic names from high school... this one just stuck... listened pretty much exclusively to punk back then.... and I played rugby which the guys thought was cute since i am 5'2 and was 120 at the time.... Thank god I didn't listen to country and wasn't heavy back then... could have quite easily gone badly and been countryfatty or something terrible!
  • punkrawkcutie
    Options
    Mines one of 2 nic names from high school... this one just stuck... listened pretty much exclusively to punk back then.... and I played rugby which the guys thought was cute since i am 5'2 and was 120 at the time.... Thank god I didn't listen to country and wasn't heavy back then... could have quite easily gone badly and been countryfatty or something terrible!

or had I been tall coulda been like alternativetogiraffe.... good god i am thankful for my choices now!!! :wink:
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    L = Less
    T = Than
    3 = Three
    A = A
    G = Geek
    4 = For
    S = Sure

<3 a geek, for sure